May 13, 2005
Hey i just put a wiseco piston and cylinder porting done now my bike is smoking white like alot. Any suggestions on why and is it bad. The plug is burning a black or dark chocholate.

strider80

Feb 3, 2003
White is usually a sign of water in the combustion chamber. When does it smoke white? All the time? Did you put in new gaskets? Retorque the head and cylinder after a heat cycle? The black plug puzzles me though, usually water will more or less clean the plug.

TriniG

Feb 5, 2002
Sounds to me like your fuel mixture is rich. What was the plug like before the rebuild? Does it blow white smoke all the time or does it go away after some riding? Has the bike been broken in yet? You may need to experiment with your carburetion. You may have to plug chop (look up the forums on that). But that will tell you how your jetting is performing at 1/4, 1/2 and say 3/4 throttle. Your jetting requirements may have changed after the porting. Any other mods?

May 13, 2005
I down jetted it to 150 and 42 like it was before the new piston and porting, so i have to ride it and see what happens. Yeah it does it when im riding to the white smoke. and it hasnt really been broken in.

May 13, 2005
I think I got it fixed now i switched my oil that i mix to MC1 oil. i did run kawa chem oil and i mixed one of those bottles with 5 gallons. Now with the MC1 im using 5 gallons also. I also have the 148 / 42 jetts in it and the needle clip one above the middle. Seems to be running good.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom