Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Looks like Husky is making a strong comeback. Back in the 70's THAT was the enduro bike to ride and win on. KTM's were just beginning to become popular. I've heard the Husky is a pretty good bike now and I like the 35 inch seat height. :p Just sniffing around for my next ride next year.

tm-enduro

Mar 7, 2001
Spent saturday riding a 2000 wr250, nice bike. The seat height might be 35 inches with the rider in the saddle but not unladen. Just checked out the te570 at the local shop, WOW big power.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
Husky's seat measurment is somewhat optimistic. The specs on my 99 cr125 is 37in, but I measured it and it is more like 39in.
I at times have a hard time getting on, and stopping on a hill is a no no, but I like the bike. I would love to have one of the new TE250s to play with. I have had it since June and it seems very well built. About the same to work on as any other modern bike, and I love the no tool, quick release on the seat make cleaning and changing the air filter so much faster.
I watched a GNCC race on tv the other day and most of the riders had to stop at least once for a filter change. I was very suprised to see that none of the other brands have a quick release on the seat. The announcers even joked about inventing one.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001

bud

Jun 29, 1999
I haven't got a tape measure handy, but the seat height does feel pretty low to me, lower than a kdx quite possibly. I can stand over it feet flat on the ground with boots on and not touch the seat. Strangely enough it's also about the least cramped bike I've ever ridden, which is a plus at 6'3". I've ridden 01 husky 250's and while they feel a bit different to mine, they are fairly similar.

Comparing the wr to a kdx - It has significantly more power, but it is also smoother and very tractable. It will also rev a lot further. The suspension and ergos are obviously light years ahead of kdx. At low speeds it will turn better than a kdx once you get used to it. It feels more stable and planted than any bike I've ridden. On the other hand it feels slightly heavier, and vibrates more, like any 250.

I am biased, but I prefer my bike to a ktm250 since it has as much power, but it feels more usable right off idle. Going by my lap times (gnarly single track) I am faster if I keep it a gear higher than most guys do, and use the bottom 1/3 of the throttle a lot, so that is also a big plus for the husky.

Last edited:

rickshaw

Sponsoring Member
Sep 24, 2000
wr200???

I think you would be much better on a 200cc bike. That way I can keep up with you:p

Happy Holidays, look forward to our next ride.

RAS

mcracer

Jul 14, 2001
I just measured the seat height on a new never ridden 2002 WR250 I just got in...... 38 inches! (measured from the ground to the top of the seat about 1 inch forward of the footpeg.)

bud

Jun 29, 1999
Ok I just measured mine, 36.5". That is with a heavier than stock shock spring, so probably around 36" with the stock spring. The 01 and 02 models have flatter seats though - if I had a 01/02 seat on my bike it would be an inch or so high at the lowest point I think.

X-Wrongway

May 11, 2001
I sat on a CR250 today and it is definately not 36 inches high. I am 5'11" and I was on tip toes on both sides. It feels plenty tall. The last KDX I rode was not that tall. REAL nice bike though. :)

ken mills

Jan 6, 2002
husky wr250

hey just seen your thread. i got a 2001 wr250 for sale. i bought a new 2002 wr360 this past weekend. want to ride in open class. bikes in great shape got some pics i can email. still has one year left on the contingency program. need to sell. oh by the way im 5' 7". bike set up ready to go

Hamrhd1

Jan 10, 2002
Husky WR series

Dude,

I just purchased a 2002 Wr360 to replace my YZ426f. Being struck with a 5'7" frame I jumped at the advertised 35" seat height ! WEll, it turns out to be 39.75 inches high ! Still this is the best off road bike I've ever owned,the power is unreal and comes on right off idle. Pin it and go and nothin stops it. I Just put on Trellborg winter studs and now its like a tank on tracks ! :eek:

Top Bottom