TSCHANNE2

Jan 17, 2007
Hey folks, new guy here. Looks like a great forum and looking forward to contributing where I can.

Currently have a 2001 KTM 520EXC and will be selling in the next day or so. I'm seriously thinking of getting the 07 Husky TE450 for my next bike. I've had the KTM since new and have gotten used to the power and really don't want a slower bike but something thats a little less tiring in the real tight stuff. My riding is east coast trail riding with some dual sport runs and an occasional enduro (B senior) thrown in for fun.

Street legal and woods ready and it looks like the Husky is a match made in heaven. I looked at the new KTM 450EXC also but really like the styling of the Husky better and I think they match up pretty evenly.

Any Husky/KTM riders want to share an opinion on my thoughts?

I'd appreciate any input I can get to help with my decision.

TIA

Tom

COLEMANAPP

~SPONSOR~
Feb 19, 2002
I bought an '07 TE 450 last september and love it. Never rode the KTM. The general differences between the 2 would be the Husky has a close ratio 6 speed versus the wide ratio of the KTM, Husky is short stroke motor versus long stroke on a KTM. In my mind, these features make the husky a better blend for offroading but less versatile for any on road riding you would do. The short stroke motor of the husky makes it wind up quicker. There are plenty of aftermarket options for the husky and those husky owners before you have already done the research on where to get them. I hate to send someone to another forum but thumpertalk has a husky section and these comparisons have been made over and over on that site. Take if for what you will, I'm a die hard husky guy.
Bob

Top Bottom