Will a natural colored gas tank discolor with gas?

BigKYZ

Jan 12, 2006
Sorry for the long title, but I'm thinking of buying an IMS 3.6 gallon gas tank for my 2000 YZ125.

Problem is I want natural or white, and I don't know if it will turn yellow after a while because of the gas?

Any help would be great!

-BigKYZ-

cmack

Sep 26, 2005
I don't know if it will yellow or not... most likely it probably will over time. One advantage of the natural tank though is you will be able to tell how much fuel you have left without having to open her up.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
It will. Maybe not yellow, but kind of a brown tint. Have noticed the 4strokes don't seem to do this quite as quickly..........maybe 2stroke oil has something to do with it?

Mophuka

Jan 14, 2006
My buddy has a natural tank and it make checking fuel level a heck of alot quicker. My next tank will definitely be a natural.

I think the tint that it gets is cool. But that's just me. I think scratched and dirt will show up more on the white than the natural.

Britt Boyette

Aug 16, 2004
You could always get a black or blue tank for your Yamaha and install a petcock with a reserve on it. That way, you know when to head back to the truck for a reload.

Top Bottom