Will a xr250 sprocket work on a cr250 for a little bit?

AnTs

Uhhh...
Nov 5, 2005
Well i had a guy working on my bike over the week, and i bought a new back sprocket and a new D.I.D o-ring chain. But my front sprocket didn't come in. He says if i put my back sprocket on and my new chain that the old front sprocket will break and ruin my new stuff. I dont see how it would since the back sprocket is a ironman sprocket and is steel. Which the front is aluminum. And the chain is made of steel i think? Or somthing lol but anyways.

My question to you guys, is that true what he said? And if so will a xr250 front sprocket work on my bike? It is the same teeth as mine as well.

Oh ya what if i just keep both old sprocket's on, will it bend my chain or do any harm?

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Ther rear sprocket is probably the same on both the XR and CR, but the front from an XR will not fit your bike.

Front sprockets are all hardened steel.
And if the old front sprocket has teeth that are worn at all (most likely) then it can indeed cause pre-mature wear to your new chain.

AnTs

Uhhh...
Nov 5, 2005
Ok well im just going to take a few links out of my old chain and use the old sprocket's till my front come's in on monday.

Top Bottom