monkeybutt

Jun 12, 2001
Hey guys,

I've been thinking about a KDX for several weeks now and want to know if I'll be happy with one.

A little bio... I raced A class moto for some time in the past and switched to desert singletrack about 3 years ago. I have a KX 250/500 now that I ride. Will the KDX have the power and handle well enough for steep,nasty rock infested singletrack with a 6' 200lb skilled rider on it? I ride anything from fast singletrack 3rd and 4th gear on the 250 to 1st gear nasty slow stuff. I came close to buying a 2000 KDX a day ago but need some advice before I bite. Would an 03 KX250 be better?

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
I think a KX would be better with your experience. First gear will be slightly tall but if the trail is not real technical so that you can go faster than a crawl then you'll be OK. Another suggestion is a KTM - I really like my new one.

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
The KDX is a great bike for trail riding and with some mods can be made to race pretty well too. It will pull up some pretty ugly slopes but after stepping off the KX you may find the power a bit soft.

If you want to buy one I am selling my 200 fuilly LOADED. you wont find a cleaner better set up one around .. Well except maybe Fred T's. ;)

Are you coming to DW02 in Oklahoma? If you can hang on til then before upgrading I bet you can try MANY different bikes before deciding.

fatty_k

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2001
Not sure if a KDX will be your style monkybutt. Maybe talk to Cactus Jim. He rides a KDX in the desert near Las Vegas I believe. KDX's have an unbarable top speed, so if you are used to flying through the dez at 80mph, than you will out of luck with the KDX. But for the tight and nasty stuff, the power delivery on the KDX coudn't get much sweeter. So if the majority of your riding is high speed stuff, go with the KX 250 or 500, if you find yourself in the tight stuff more often than maybe you should consider a KDX.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom