TheGrinch

Nov 26, 2000
2-Strokes 4-ever said:
Unfortunately, Stewart's own worst enemy is an unrealistic vision of things. Saying "I'm the king of Daytona", or setting the fastest practice time is not what makes a champion. Humbling yourself and admitting realistically that RC knows the quickest way to the checkered flag, and admitting that Reed has consistency, is a realistic look......... Seeing those two issues as your weakness, and working on those goals, being better at those two things, is what makes a champ. Until JS focuses on "what makes a champion", he'll just be the fastest guy in practice.

I think JS is riding over the edge to try & prove he is the fastest. Problem is he's can't maintain the speed required to consistantly win.

Riding over the edge = crashing more often than not = less overall wins = less points = not winning championship.

dante

Mar 24, 2004
TheGrinch said:
I think JS is riding over the edge to try & prove he is the fastest. Problem is he's can't maintain the speed required to consistantly win.

Riding over the edge = crashing more often than not = less overall wins = less points = not winning championship.

he was'nt riding over his head at Daytona, I'm not disagreeing that he must have some kind of problem, but consistant speed isn't it... His crashes look like losses of concentration to me... Hopefully we'll see a 20 lap battle here really soon :cool:

D Lafleur

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 11, 2001
dante said:
he was'nt riding over his head at Daytona, I'm not disagreeing that he must have some kind of problem, but consistant speed isn't it... His crashes look like losses of concentration to me... Hopefully we'll see a 20 lap battle here really soon :cool:

Consistant speed is not about 3 laps, it is the average of the entire race. That loss of concentration, is a lack of consistancy.

Masterphil

DRN's Resident Lunatic
Aug 3, 2004
D Lafleur said:
Consistant speed is not about 3 laps, it is the average of the entire race. That loss of concentration, is a lack of consistancy.
True
Anything that causes a rider to slow his pace is a distraction, and therefore a lack of mental toughness required to run at the level that he is trying to run. RC works harder than anyone, and when it's time to go race, a 20 lap main is like cake for him. JBS lacks the experience, the mental and physical hardening if you will, to run with RC and now wad it up.

Micahdawg

Feb 2, 2001
I think it's awesome. Reed is down by 2 and everyone is writing him off. That really can't be a better situation for him.

Micah

dante

Mar 24, 2004
he has the speed... He does'nt look all over the place swaping everywere... He makes these errors that leave you wondering what happend...

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
I can't see RC going into protection mode yet--too close. Beyond that, he wouldn't be able to swallow Stewart whipping his ass the remainder of these races, if indeed, this is his last SX year.

geraldo

Oct 12, 2004
After listening to this weeks race, I would have to say that Ricky is in protect mode. Any other week he would have tried to stay with James. I do not think that anyone could have beaten JBS this week, and Ricky realized that so he hung back. How boring will it be when RC retires?

JBS will only get better compared to less competition.

D Lafleur

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 11, 2001
Micahdawg said:
I think it's awesome. Reed is down by 2 and everyone is writing him off. That really can't be a better situation for him.

Micah

I saw the look in his eyes at Daytona, and if you listen closely, he was on some good stuff. I have a feeling that shoulder is going to haunt him to the end.

I also feel RC will ride the pace required to win the championship and if JBS wads it up, it makes life easier. Remember RC has a string of outdoor titles to defend.

Last edited by a moderator:

Micahdawg

Feb 2, 2001
So much for anything stellar from reed this week. At least he got his butt in gear and pulled 5th instead of 9th?!?! He's still in it, but unless RC eats it hard, or Reed picks up the pace big time, I think we'll just see Reed slowly fade out. The sad thing is, it's probably MORE likely that RC will eat it.....and that's probably not very likely. So........

Micah

D Lafleur

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 11, 2001
Micahdawg said:
So much for anything stellar from reed this week. At least he got his butt in gear and pulled 5th instead of 9th?!?! He's still in it, but unless RC eats it hard, or Reed picks up the pace big time, I think we'll just see Reed slowly fade out. The sad thing is, it's probably MORE likely that RC will eat it.....and that's probably not very likely. So........

Micah
I know what you feel like, I am not as excited about the rest of the season at this point.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
D Lafleur said:
I saw the look in his eyes at Daytona, and if you listen closely, he was on some good stuff. .

Personally I think the silly lost in space grin is a dead give away he's on some major pain killers. It's amazing he can even find the starting gate.

Last edited by a moderator:

JST122

Dec 29, 2005
Micahdawg said:

Micah

Reed has had no answer for the speed of RC and Stewart all year long so why should he have any answer for it now especially since he has the shoulder injury. He is a step below the top two the only time he has beaten them this year is when they have either crashed or mechanically DNF'd. Sure Reed has been consistent but he is also consistently slower. If all three stay up he doesnt have a chance of beating RC or JS. I wish he did but reality is that he is not a threat to RC's championship hopes unless RC has a problem of his own.

TheGrinch

Nov 26, 2000
JST122 said:
Reed has had no answer for the speed of RC and Stewart all year long so why should he have any answer for it now especially since he has the shoulder injury. He is a step below the top two the only time he has beaten them this year is when they have either crashed or mechanically DNF'd. Sure Reed has been consistent but he is also consistently slower. If all three stay up he doesnt have a chance of beating RC or JS. I wish he did but reality is that he is not a threat to RC's championship hopes unless RC has a problem of his own.

Nnnooooooooo!!! Say it isn't so. :ugg:

Vampyrz

Oct 21, 2004
I think he's already in protect mode. Keep it on two wheels, get a podium every race, win the championship. Why should he care if he wins a race from here on out, it's the championship that matters now. Find the empty space between Bubba and everyone else. Would that be riding in the rocking chair?

dirtrocks

Jul 7, 2005
i think what it is enough people where complaining about how there was no racing up in the front to rc is not charging as hard as he normally does, but hes going to charge hard enough so that he wins just by alittle and if it is true that hes going to retire (i hope not) then itll make it look like jbs is the next rc

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
end i donut reeegret staang in eglishh clas stuard rulz

Top Bottom