Winter Make Over

my parents wont buy me squat for bikes or quads. thats why im going to rigs so i can get me a decent(aka brand new, hehehe) quad and sled and maybe even a bike, depending on what i have left for money. i dont want to spend it all at once though. i want a sled, quad and a trailer and a TIG welder for my dad. thats about it. good luck on keeping your KDX. i know when my parents get REALLY REALLY mad at me take my quad keys away and thats no fun. i'd be trading that car in for a used truck. you can usually get an s10/s15 pretty cheap. i picked mine up minorly siezed (s15) for 700.00 Canadian.

Winter make over....I'm going to start with trying to loose the winter baggage I've acquired and then I'll start with plastic and graphics, replacing a bent lever or two, grease the Little Yellow Assasin and get that new top end in. First race here in D14 is March 19th...weather permitting

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
Mi. Trail Riders
All my poor bike is getting this winter is a brand new No Toil air filter...that's it...We did a lot to it last winter, so this winter it's Phil's turn. OH and this year I didn't crash hard enough to bend or break anything...so it's good to go.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Mine hasn't gotten diddly squat since I've been riding it.

And 83mx80, my parents didn't buy me squat either. I had to buy it. and quads have too many wheels, this is a dirt bike site ... keep it on two wheels and forget those rolling couches. Can't take em anywhere fun.

CaNaDiAn,Eh?

There is no way I can sell my car for a truck, my parents got that for me to. Yeah, I'm spoiled lol. But in my defense I was not allowed to have a job, or do much of anything at all because they were worried it would interfere with my schoolwork. It sucked, I would have rathered have had to pay for stuff myself and actually had a life lol.

Jennifer's 02 KTM 250 has been a big bike puzzle in the garage for almost two long months. It is finally back together and we rode at Hollister with Natalie last Saturday. I now call it a 2007 KTM 250. It has the new style tank, plastics, seat and subframe, black excel rims with gold talon hubs, new single pipe exhaust, Tag Metals triple clamps, black powdercoated frame and a few other new things. Jen likes it!

Here is what it looks like now:

Pierre

I put new wheel bearing front and rear. New top end and crank assy. Pro-Taper bars with Pro-Taper grips(cause they were on sale) :laugh: Pro-Taper bar pad . Blue Pro-Wheel rims,I chemically treated the hubs to make them a gold looking color(cause i'm a cheap azz :laugh: ) Changed the fluid in the forks,full brake bleed rigamaro....

http://dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=125482
scroll down to see...

Chain/sprockets next....

Crazy4nitro

Mac

Lifetime Sponsor
I had Factory connection rebuild/revalve my forks and shock, they also installed stiffer springs.

I sent my hubs to FRP to have a set of Excel rims installed. I will also be replacing the wheel bearings and installing a new set of S12's

I tore the top end apart to replace the piston/rings, I also spent two days cleaning the power valves.... :blah: While I had the head off I adjusted the height of the cylinder studs, they were too low. I also installed an extra base gasket to see if I can run pump fuel again.

Carb was completely tore down and cleaned, float height set.

New brake pads installed, welded the kickstand bracket (it was too sloppy) and grinded the endstop so it retracted higher.

Drank lots of beer.

Attachments

Mac

Lifetime Sponsor
lol, just realized I posted in the women's forum. No offense ladies.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mac said:
Drank lots of beer.
:) A requirement for the makeovers indeed!

Mac said:
lol, just realized I posted in the women's forum. No offense ladies.
You're welcome here too :ride:

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
Mi. Trail Riders
My winter makeover consisted of getting a new bike :)! I posted about it in the regular forum though...