irhxcbcziuzxs

Aug 26, 2007
My buddy just got a bike and we were riding down the trails next to my house, I was wearing everything but elbow/knee and chest protectors, i stop at a road cross section and then i hear my buddy speed up, next thing i know he rams into the back of me, and im sliding across the dirt road on my elbows, i have a nice case of road rash over there.... my handle bars are bent, and on my way back home i couldn't shift above 3rd gear.

He ended up with a separated shoulder and possibly some torn ligaments.

The only time ive downed my bike and it wasnt even my fault. Lame.

May 22, 2006
If yer gonna get er' done, better do it right. My handlebars are probably more sexier than yours =P. Me got ran over by a 6 wheeler head on =[. It sucks falling b/c then it takes away your riding time =\

Cabot

Sep 3, 2007
Don't worry, You'll have many more opportunitys to down your bike on your own :)

Welcome to the Sport! :ride:

P.S. You'll get used to those boots

BBking25

Nov 28, 2006
I remember the days of when i thought shifting with boots was impossible! haha wow, old times...
Just wait til you do motocross but instead you're falling from the air at a much higher speed ;)

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
Wow, I go down just about every time I ride. I don't even count the times I just lay the bike down.

And yeah, the falls at the track can hurt. Riding trails I will often tumble off the bike when I fail to climb a hill. What really hurts is when you fall going down the hill. But at the track.... geeez! Case a double, slam your face into the cross bar, then get thrown over the handlebars, then have the bike (or two) behind you run you over.

I am sorry to hear about your bike damage and especially your buddies injury. A word of advice, however: when leading a new rider, don't make quick stops.

Rod

Top Bottom