guts

Sep 14, 2003
Hi,everyone just wondring if anyone has had this problem with a wiseco piston,ok here goes the problem, went bought wiseco piston and rings top end gasket kit, top end bearing and new reeds,well after i waited a week for my gaskets put it back together,and while i was on the inside of the piston where the clip goes looked like it wasnt a deep as grove on other side,well thought about said well ethier it holds or it dont,well needless to say it didnt:( cranked up second kick let run for little bit didnt rev it well rolled back in put all plastic back on said well see what happens,i went down road about 2 tenths of a mile there and back on way back it let a wipper out and died so right then pulled in clutch and rolled in yard pushed back to basement ,and sure enough it locked up so tore back down and the clip come out,you may ask how do u know that, well the clip is in beded in my head now,has anyone had this problem with wiseco piton kit,cause seems to me i heard of it somewhere just cant remember,and does anyone buy chance think wiseco replace my 150 in parts? any responce we be appricated !

Robcolo

Jan 28, 2002
I just warned someone about this exact problem less than 2 weeks ago on a thread here. Sage [sages street & dirt] warned us all a year or so ago.

It really pays to read the archives from time to time --you pick up all kinds of "gems" from the past .

guts

Sep 14, 2003
for about the installer error not getting smart or nothing, but this is not my first topend job,but to the other i knew i heard of it before,but hey whats money lol,yeah i should'nt have used that piston should have took it back when i seen there was,nt much of a groove on that one side but like they say live and learn,thanks for the replys.

levert

Jan 29, 2002
Okay, Okay guts I'll make you feel better.

Years ago( I'm old), I installed a Wiseco 610 kit in my Kawa 500. It was so beautifull, operative word WAS. On start up a wonderfull smyphany of mashed parts. The kicker was only one cylinder was taken out, the other two were fine. Any how!! the whole project was scratched as this was the largest bore you could get without major $$$$$$.
Yes the old c clip thrasher, some are hard to seat but once you've missed it you won't let it happen again.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
I haven't checked, but I recall the problem sage brought up to be a too-long pin..not a problem with the groove depth?

Either way, too bad! :(

Better'n having that clip imbedded in your crank, or some other bottom end piece..maybe a tranny gear!!

Too bad you can't get spiro-locks for a bike (can you?). Not much chance of them coming out no matter how shallow the groove is.

Tough to get out, though!

Top Bottom