SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
I don't know about you guys, but those of us that always wanted to have our own personal riding area are getting to do a little "living through Indy" at this time.hahaha

here's another vote on the pics. can't wait to see 'em!

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
The rain keeps you from getting all sweaty..........wait, it has to be WARM to get sweaty. Nevermind.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Awesome, congrats Indy!! Looks like a killer piece of property for your own moto and offroad playground!! :ride:

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Yeah, I don't think so.. Redbud's track is 25 acres..

I'll get more pics in the woods once I have a way to get back there. I'll be damned if I'm walkin it.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Yea, were going to dig a pond..

Yes Bob, theres a creek running thru the woods.. I need to acquire some pipe so that we don't disturb the flow much.. Plus theres a spring somewhere on the property.

Mom wants a small pond for swimming, so a pond she will have.. I know of a few places I can use that dirt. And if we have to dig a couple holes, so be it. Most of the track will be natural though.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Should have seen FMX park before Dirt mx came in and fixed what the owners created. Subtle terrain enhancements are way better. 50 yards of waist high whoops are pretty cool also! You are not disturbing the flow of water, its going right back into the water table. You are just borrowing it for a few minutes. have you looked into pond construction, zoning or what not? Around here the wetland fannies would be all up in arms!

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Should have seen FMX park before Dirt mx came in and fixed what the owners created. Subtle terrain enhancements are way better. 50 yards of waist high whoops are pretty cool also! You are not disturbing the flow of water, its going right back into the water table. You are just borrowing it for a few minutes. have you looked into pond construction, zoning or what not? Around here the wetland fannies would be all up in arms!

Yeah, whoops are a must...

I checked into the pond.. I have a form I have to fill out for DNR to come out and do a survey on the land. If my pond meet certain requirements, I won't need any permits. The county told me that they had no permits and no restrictions.

As for the streams, we need pipes so that where the track crosses the streams, we can keep the water flowing.. I'm not having an MX track with a water crossing.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Joe, go to a SX race and walk the track, they are higher/about waist high. If a rider has issues with a particular situation, GO BIGGER! Plus, they do wear down, eventually. Proper suspension set up is a must. And a Creek jump is out of the question? We had a local hot shoe, Jon Darmon, was practicing for Loretta's back in the day. Ah the moose lodge track in Saulk village Illinoise. There was this huge wash out area, 80' gap, straight across it was over 20' deep. The ultimate do or die jump. It just so happened he could catch 3rd gear, nail a wall berm(about 3'tall), and clear this gorge. The only guy to ever do it, it even made the local Hammond times news paper. Sadly, thats as far as he ever made it, still rides like water flowing around corners, look out plus 40 class, he is seemingly coming back! Back on topic, you need to train harder than what you are racing. 30 minute race, train for an hour, sort of thing? I embellish the tables, but, they are not THAT much safer trying to clear, just roll them.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Good call on the drainage. Water hazards are crappy on the mx track. So are vines, eh?

I like whoops too, just prefer them to be small because I suck at riding over them.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I suck in the whoops too.. So, we must have a gnarly set of them. I must get better!

Yeah, vines really blow.. You should see the right side of my neck. Looks like I tried to hang myself. That thing was pretty strong. Better luck next time, I suppose.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
How about roots natural tendency to run in the direction of folding your front tire into it, and you over the bars. Dig em out! Single track, whatever, its all a race. When double jumps were coming out, I cheated and buried refrigerators or any handy appliance, just to keep from so much digging. The absolute worst was the ingenious soles who digs a huge jump, and ends up with a huge pond right next to it. Somebody always ended up into them on rainy days. How much to import some Northern Indiana blue clay for jumps, 3 hour trucking one way?

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
How about roots natural tendency to run in the direction of folding your front tire into it, and you over the bars. Dig em out! Single track, whatever, its all a race. When double jumps were coming out, I cheated and buried refrigerators or any handy appliance, just to keep from so much digging. The absolute worst was the ingenious soles who digs a huge jump, and ends up with a huge pond right next to it. Somebody always ended up into them on rainy days. How much to import some Northern Indiana blue clay for jumps, 3 hour trucking one way?

Yeah, no.

medwaste

Dec 1, 2006
Congrats. You are going to have so much fun! Rent a Bobcat and start moving some dirt around. We used clay on the top layer of our jumps and they're holding up remarkably well. I'm in for the inauguration.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
We may not have to rent.. Have a guy coming out today to talk about bringing his equipment out.. He has dozers and loaders...

Top Bottom