haole

Apr 4, 2005
On my 2001 yz125 the clutch has little to no free play with the adjusters all the way in. The clutch engages very far out in the lever (pull it in like 1/4" and it engages the clutch). Last, I have noticed while riding sometimes the motor will rev out really quick as I'm climbing in the powerband. Thought it might be wheelspin at first but now think it may be clutch slippage? My question is does this sound like a worn clutch. I meant to pull the cover and take some measurements but was in too much of a hurry to get the motor to Eric Gorr!

Last, ever since I've got the bike, the tranny oil comes out kind of silvery, not grey like coolant contaminated but looks like metallic. I've been told this is because of aluminum clutch plates. Sound about right?

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
no biggie clutches take 20 min to change your first try

when i started noticing mine going i rode on cement and got the free rev so i knew it was going and sure enough the next trail i hit i got a 1 way ticket.

look down your oil plug real quick and see if the basket is notched out that could keep it from engaging

haole

Apr 4, 2005
thanks guys. The clutch was never really notchy, so I hope the basket is OK. So I should just need friction and clutch disks, springs and a new cover gasket?

Top Bottom