Leapin Lisa

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 30, 2001
I'm abandoning my husband the last week of June for an enduro. Am I nuts? Should I feel bad? Please tell me you agree with what I'm doing, cause I'm starting to feel a little guilty for not being there with him, and I need some dirtbiker support.

Dave, my husband, has a high school class reunion the same weekend as the Inyan Kara Enduro. I really want to ride this enduro because I've heard it is so much fun. Dave says he doesn't blame me and wouldn't hold it against me for going with the guys to compete.

I spoke with one of Dave's friends, and he said it would serve Dave right to tell his classmates that his wife is off racing and couldn't be at the reunion; especially since he was so into motorcycles in high school, it would actually be funny.

So if you were me, would you do the same thing? Would you think twice about it?

Thanks in advance.

Lisa

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Go for it, Lisa! I think I'd do the same thing. If it was something other than a reunion, I might think twice. Unless you and your husband know some of the same people at the high school, you will be bored out of your skull at the reunion. Your husband will probably feel better too, knowing he can socialize a bit, and not worry if you're having a good time or not.

I would recommend riding the enduro with a buddy, though. At least someone who knows you are there and will watch to make sure you get through ok.

MXN4FUN

Jul 7, 2000
What kind of a fool goes to a reunion instead of a race? Leave him immediately as something is wrong with his head. :think: Never think twice about choosing racing over some other lame event.

michigan

Mar 9, 2001
Heck no. That's really cool. I'd be proud as heck to tell people that my wife couldn't shmooze with me becuase she's out doing something that she loves! :)

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Originally posted by Leapin Lisa
Dave says he doesn't blame me and wouldn't hold it against me for going with the guys to compete.

Lisa

:scream: Uh-Oh, don't ask for translation of that line...

AnneBrooks

Jan 17, 2001
Heck no!! Do you think there is a chance he would stay home and go to a reunion with you instead of a race that he really wanted to go to?? Heck NO! Go and have a great time!

Leapin Lisa

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 30, 2001
Slo'mo: Actually, I think it's beginner's luck, I've only raced two enduro races and I've gotten second place in them both, that's why Dave wouldn't blame me for going.

I think everyone's right. If the tables were turned, he'd do the same. I think Lori hit the nail on the head: He'd probably have more fun without me being there cause then he can visit without knowing I have no idea what the conversation is about.

The entry fee is in the mail TODAY!

Thanks everyone for your opinions and support! :cool:

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
So if you were me, would you do the same thing? Would you think twice about it?

Think twice about it? Hmmm, that would give the impression that I would ever think on it to begin with... GO CHICA!!! :) ENJOY!! Don't worry about him. I'm sure he can take care of things on his own... if not that'll teach him not to stay home next time. ;)

Milquetoast

Uhhh...
Oct 30, 2001
Definitely go, and don't worry about him one bit. He's a lucky guy to have you. I wish I could find a single woman that had ANY interests whatsoever, besides getting hitched and making babies that is. :ugg:

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Slo' Mo looking for trouble posted

:scream: Uh-Oh, don't ask for translation of that line...

Actually, I was kidding. You should have a blast and be assured he will miss being there with you. Next time make him pit for you as punishment for missing. :aj:

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Originally posted by Milquetoast
...I wish I could find a single woman that had ANY interests whatsoever, besides getting hitched and making babies that is.

Oh, that's supposed to be interesting to us women? :eek: Dang, and to think my whole life I've been going about this all wrong. I thought I was supposed to love getting grease under my nails and mud on my face. :think: I think I need to sit down with my mother one of these days and figure out when I dropped out of Girly101... naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh! :confused: :moon:

bratt

Pain in da butt
Mar 22, 2002
Originally posted by dirty~d~

Oh, that's supposed to be interesting to us women? :eek: Dang, and to think my whole life I've been going about this all wrong. I thought I was supposed to love getting grease under my nails and mud on my face. :think: I think I need to sit down with my mother one of these days and figure out when I dropped out of Girly101... naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh! :confused: :moon:

For Real!! I couldn't have said it better myself. I actually had a guy say to me the other day. "you dont MIND getting dirty???" pffff!

CNM

Sponsoring Member
Dec 28, 1999
Go for it Lisa! Tell your husband you'll give him the details when you get back. It sounds like he's very encouraging and fine with going to the reunion alone. Have fun!

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Just make sure he takes a couple of pictures of you in your gear holding the trophies - will make every guy there as envious as hell, and no doubt he will be proud as punch too. :)

Also make sure you give him a copy of 'Something Wild' starring Jeff Daniels and Melanie Griffiths :p

My sig line says it all ;)

Last edited:

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Your husband sounds like a supportive guy (priceless)! If he's okay with it and its really what you want to do, I think its totally sane to do things separately as a couple. If he had been giving you a little grief (guilt) I would have said go anyway, but that woulda sucked that he'd do that to you.

Have fun and good luck!

Lissa

"Am I lost again?"
Apr 28, 2002
Go Race! Heck, If I had a reunion to go to, I'd skip it just to go riding, let alone race! Myself, I could care less how Mary Fartface, the high school sweetheart, got married, has 3 kids, a minivan and a boring husband. Couldn't drag me there. Go out and Ride!

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Ditto to above, and good luck. Dirty~D, LOL!!! I've been dumped before for having grease under my nails . . . from building a 1969 Mustang! (Before it was bikes, it was snowboarding, cars, jeeps, big trucks) I missed Girly 101 too. Well actually I can't say I MISSED it.

Although I am getting dangerously domesticated now . . .

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom