Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
That had to be the most exciting SX webcast I've heard to date! Waiting patiently to see it on ESPN, unless of course there's an exciting poker game going...

So the question is... can Reed get back in it? Is it going to be so competitive this year that making up a 20 point deficit from one race going to be a killer?

Current points (via AMA):

1 14 Kevin W Windham Centreville, MS 25
2 5 Mike Larocco Corona, CA 22
3 4 Ricky Carmichael Havana, FL 20
4 103 Sebastien Tortelli Lake Elsinore, CA 18
5 259 James M Stewart Haines City, FL 16
6 27 Nicholas A Wey Dewitt, MI 15
7 12 David Vuillemin Murrieta, CA 14
8 54 Jeff Gibson Westerville, OH 13
9 24 Ernesto Fonseca Murrieta, CA 12
10 199 Travis A Pastrana Davidsonville, MD 11
11 13 Heath D Voss Mico, TX 10
12 47 Tyler D Evans Corona, CA 9
13 26 Michael Byrne Murrieta, CA 8
14 55 Joseph W Oehlhof Hesperia, CA 7
15 20 Damon W Huffman Valencia, CA 6
16 22 Chad Reed Dade City, FL 5
17 965 Antonio Jorge Balbi Junior Belo Horizont, 4
18 23 Kyle Lewis Henderson, NV 3
19 17 Robbie L Reynard Oklahoma City, OK 2
20 2 Jeremy A Mcgrath Encinitas, CA 1

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Reading those results gave me the chills. That was indeed the most exciting race I've ever listened to. Hopefully there will be more of the same all season. :aj:

jackdrinker

Apr 11, 2003
Poker..HA....... I scrolled ahead on the schedule... They have the world JUMP ROPE finals...
I bet some people would boycott ESPN if it got bumped....
Reminds me of the movie dodgeball..
ESPN 8 the "ocho" if it's halfway a sport, we'll cover it...

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
Okiewan said:
can Reed get back in it? Is it going to be so competitive this year that making up a 20 point deficit from one race going to be a killer?

Hope not, but I'm not a big Reed fan.

I'm more curious in how the Cali SX's will play out we have had a ton of rain & it is supposed to keep going into early Feb. We could possibly see 5-6 mud SX's this year.

MadEarthWorm

~SPONSOR~
Apr 22, 2003
For Chad to overcome that deficit he's gonna need a lotta help from his deity of choice. It sux he and MC both had "issues".

I'm glad Tortelli did well.

Feb 20, 2004
did anyone see the new commercal with reed in it. He hands the kid his jersey and the kids like CHAD REED then jumps his bike and takes out the car window and garbage cans. drops hes gear bag infront of him. Here you'll need this too

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Yeah, I saw it! Kinda funny. I like it better than the BRRAAAAPP commercial...

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Okiewan said:
He was nailed 5 seconds for it, but had a 6 second lead on 4th.

Okie,
I guess I don't follow your train of thought. Are you saying RC was docked 5 seconds by the AMA? Or he lost 5 seconds by going backwards to turn around in the turn? No question about it, RC went backwards. He should have exited the track between the jumps and then re-entered at a safe point. Shades of 1985. :ohmy:

How about Jeff Gibson. Isn't this his first top 10 in the 250 class?

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
I was disappointed when I saw it on TV, Live web made it sound so much more intense, it was still good to watch, but not what I expected.

Funny how a little mud makes these super heros, look like the rest of us, kinda like Kriptonite

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
This is going to make it real hard for reed, there is not a great deal of points between getting 1st and 2nd.
I predict however this season will be very unpredictable :coocoo: and even rc may drop a round or two-same with bubba.

If KW keeps his head he may be able to capitalise on any mishaps with the others.

TheGrinch

Nov 26, 2000
No a good start for Chad, that's for sure. I have a feeling this season will be so tight on points between the top 4 riders that Chad may very well not be able to make up the points to win the title.

I hope I'm wrong.

berudd

Dec 31, 2004
I was wondering if Reed would be able to catch up as well.

I was thinking that while RC, Reed and Stewart all try to "step it up" to face the competetion each other brings they could potentially push to far and take themselves out. You KNOW that if one of those guys is right on the other's butt he will be wanting to make that pass bad. That could open the door from somone (KW :) ) to fly in under the radar.

berudd

Dec 31, 2004
JPIVEY said:
Funny how a little mud makes these super heros, look like the rest of us, kinda like Kriptonite

Are you kidding me? So you are saying that you can bust a triple in 12" of mud like thos guys did? I would have been proud to complete a single lap on that track much less actually race on it. Regardless of the conditions, those guys are always going 10 times faster than us! LOL!

Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
I see RC doing what he said and stay consistant so he can win the title. If Bubba and K-dub do the same there will be no room for Reed on the podium. Tough to make up points like that. Reed usually steps up to the challange, so it should be fun to watch. Hope everyone stays Hea.....well you know don't want to jinks it.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
I suppose Reed will get the shaft again, a la SX'03---where he's kicking ass all year and still doesn't get it. Oh well...that's racing.

No doubt an advantage to be on a 4 stroke in the mud. Windham looked so smooth out there.

crazyYammi

Aug 31, 2004
It will only matter if Windham is capable of getting on the podium every race this season.. with the competition that he is going to face this would be suprising.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
Reesknight said:
As RC was paraphrased as saying,You can't win the SX title at Anahem, but you can lose it there. (or something like that) . :ugg:

I thought it was CR that said that last week in an interview?

SpectraSVT

Apr 17, 2002
DId you guys catch the Reed interview? Says he lost 20lbs from last season...I didn't know he had 20lbs to lose thats nuts if its true. Windham however is a big guy...20lbs isn't much.

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
HiG4s said:
I thought it was CR that said that last week in an interview?
Could have been. I thought they said during the ESPN2 broadcast that RC said it. If CR said it, he may have just predicted his own season. :(

joe_264d264

Jan 14, 2005
Reed will be ok. Only 15 points behind RC and that is who he need to catch.. Windham just doesn't have what it takes to podium every week. He does not show up for 16 stright races.

Top Bottom