MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
BigLou was supposed to be at our house around 1:30 pm on Friday for a 2nd Thanksgiving for all of us and to just generally hang out. I was at work when I got a call from home around 10:00 am saying that he was there already? What the heck I shouldn't have even bothered going in to work! Homeward bound I was. I walk up to the front door, noticing that the garage door is open about a foot and its resting on a bike stand. "HEY, who locked the screen door?". Touch the wires together on the broken doorbell and surely they'll let me in. "Hey we're in the garage" I hear. I throw the garage door open and this is what I was greeted with:

Attachments

• smalldsc00704.jpg
    smalldsc00704.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 373

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
NO-----W-A-Y! lou bought you a box!? damn, i always wanted a box, especially with a bow on it! sa-weet. so what are you gonna play box with first? fighter jet? submarine, fort? man.........a box.... :eek:

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
BigLou, Aimee and Tami are all in the back of the garage grinning ear to ear. I didn't know what to think, surely there wasn't REALLY a brand new bike in that box. I stuttered, stammered and acted goofy until Aimee came over to give me a big hug and tell me its my Christmas present a little early :) WooHoo, freaking awesome. :yeehaw:

I later learn that many DRN'rs were somehow in on the planning, scheming and execution of this. To name a few:
Milk (you sly dog), Thump (I hear you can bargain with the best of them), Strick (thanks for the input), GnarlyKaw (it was shipped to him and he kept it for awhile and also helped with transportation), BigLou (went above and beyond to help in many ways) and of course the best woman in the world (Aimee).

So we set out to see what was inside the box and what we could do with it:

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
We spent Friday putting her all together. After mounting my awesome Enduro Engineering handguards Lou and Aimee set about installing the DRN fender stickers, Asterisk and EE stickers.

All fluids checked, it was time. Turned on the fuel, leaned her over a bit, pulled the choke, slipped 1 boot on and kicked her over. It was sign from above that this is THE bike for me and the start of a great relationship, thats right folks she fired to life on the absolute very first kick :)

Hmmm- the last 3 posts all had pics attached to them but nothing shows up. I guess I'll have to post them in my pic album, check over there if you want to see.

Lou started feeling ill by late Friday, by Sat. he was not well at all. Sat. afternoon I was following in his ill footsteps (I knew I shouldn't have kissed him) :eek:

Sunday morning I'm fairly certain I was running a fever, had a headache, the chills, and was sore all over but whats a guy to do with a new bike in the garage. I oiled the filter, went over the bike again and headed to St. Joe for a breakin ride. Aimee went along to get a couple pics.

Although I didn't really put her through the paces I can say that ... well... WOW what a difference from the TTR. I can now get the front end up and over any obstacle anytime I want (don't even have to be in the right gear). Took her through a lot of whoops, damn it goes straight and soaks them up so beautifully, whoops are going to be SO much more fun now. I loved everything about her except maybe the stock front tire (Bridgestone M77), it wasn't liking the sandy conditions at all.

Thank you so much for all the folks who helped with the planning and execution!

I Love You Aimee :thumb:

Last edited:

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
oh man, i'm sooo stew-pid sometimes. :confused: i get it, like from the post "have you ever assembled a bike from a box" i get it, you're gonna make a bike out'a that box. take many, i mean many, photos so i can figure it out, see i've got lotsa' boxs at home, and if i can figure out how to make a bike out'a bunch of coors lite boxes then i'll be set! :moon:

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Congrats on the addition to the stable Eddie!

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Holy Crap Man!  That is awesome!! :aj:

Now there's no more excuses about riding a 400 lb. pig, or riding a girl's bike! :)

:thumb: :yeehaw:

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Yeah I know Corey, I have no more excuses for being slow now :(

I'll try one more time to post a pic here, if it doesn't show up I'll head over to the DRN picture pages...

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
Congrats on the new scoot, what will we call you now, "Used to be TTRguy but now rides a punkin"?

Last edited:

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Originally posted by evenslower
You were pretty darn fast on the TTR, what'll you do on a "real" bike?

That's what I'm afraid of.  Now I'll have to start making excuses. :o

Way to go Aimee! :thumb: 

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
Congrats man,

Now maybe you can make up that 5 seconds next dirtweek! :p

Was riding mine all last week, You will love it!
Strick has some good jetting specs.
And I have one bit of advice. They are geared really tall, I went with a 13 tooth front sprocket and a 52 tooth rear. stock is 14-50. Will work like a champ in the woods then and still have plenty of top speed. Remember it has 6 freakin gears! :yeehaw:

Man I am jealous.

bundy

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
LOL I seen the title and knew she gave in. Eddie I tried to get here to keep it at my house but no way. I think she figured I wouldn't let it sit in the corner like the powerwasher!!!

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Eddie. :yeehaw: Congrats. :yeehaw:

Aimee. :thumb: Too Cool. :worship:

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Originally posted by Offroadr
Eddie I tried to get here to keep it at my house but no way. I think she figured I wouldn't let it sit in the corner like the powerwasher!!!

:)

I tell you guys it was so cool having one of my DRN brothers there to put her all together and share in the fun. An awesome time my friends.

Oh I think FarmerJohn was even involved in the shenanigans too.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Sweet, Congrats on the new ride. It was seriously cool of all those involved to help out :thumb:

I'll e-mail this thread to my GF and maybe I'll get a box when I get home :)

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Lucky indeed! ;)

Congrats on the new ride. It must really suck to be you.

Top Bottom