Z0RRO

Apr 4, 2003
I have been looking at 125s for a while, am set on a KX or RM (CRs too pricey for what they are, YZ's styling is bland) or if I can afford it, a KTM or TM.

I have not looked at all at the 250F, even less at the WR-F 250 ... but they seem to be a nice alternative. Lights are a great plus, quiet can't hurt, better autonomy (big gas tank) ... but how heavy does it feel when riding, and how will it handle the MX track that I will ride on once in a while (at least once a month).

I don't mind the starting, I seem to have the feel for it...I always start a bud's 400F for him...LOL

I'm just wondering how it will handle the track...

JSTUCKI

Jul 8, 2002
I've rode a lot of bikes through the years but have never ridden anything like the 03 YZF250. It has incredible power and handles fantastic. I do know that the forums concerning the WRF talk about how to "fix" the bike to run right. Were not talking about low cost fixes either! Pipes, carb mod's, suspension mods, YZF cams! And they are mad at Yamaha about how bad the WRF comes from the factory. Check out thumpertalk.com.

blanc

Dec 18, 2002
I dont agree the wrf is a great bike and would absolutely eat a yzf in the woods, it is also a great mxbike, if you took off the lights theres a good chance that you would not know the difference especially if youy are a c/b rider.
You only do those mods all cheap, just time consuming and you can turn your bike into more of a mx riding experience.........nnn dats it. Hope :eek:

WRick

Feb 20, 2004
wr250f vs mx

zorro,you dont have to worry about doing the mods on your bike,seeing as you would be getting a cdn. bike that hasn't been detuned. :thumb:
I raced a yz250 2 smoker in mx and enduros for many years and i really enjoyed it,and was very concerned that i would be trading my 2 stroke in and paying more and getting less of a bike [because i had no time on the new generation bikes,only my old 91 xr250].Believe me when i tell you,you wont be disappointed with the new 03/04 wr250f [or,yz250f].Its not going to beat a yz250f with the same caliber rider on it in the expert mx class,in any other class, riders make mistakes and you wouldnt be in last either,besides it doesnt sound like your racing mx anyways,only riding a track sometimes right?which it will be fine on-It's not like its an xr on the track !The ergonomics are better on the 03 and newer.The thrill that my yz250 2 stroke gave me,now has me suprized to be saying, "I will never buy another 2 smoker again after riding my wr. "
Thats a penny for my thoughts,and i put in my two cents worth [so i guess you owe me a penny]

Top Bottom