Ryno149

Jun 23, 2002
i race hare scrambles. the terrain ranges from super technical single track to wide open four wheeler trail. im currently on a yz125 and get around just fine in the B class, so im sure the 250f mx'ers will be an improvement, as will the wr. the only real reason im looking at the wr is the e-start. i guess my real question is, can the wr be modified (free mods and bolt on stuff) to be as fun as the mx'ers. the only time i've ridden a wr, it was in full stock form and, i just didn't get too excited about it. it felt heavy and kinda slow. i have ridden the kx-f/rm-z and a yz250f and thought both were very fun bikes. they just dont have e-start.
thanks

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Ryno149 said:
i guess my real question is, can the wr be modified (free mods and bolt on stuff) to be as fun as the mx'ers. the only time i've ridden a wr, it was in full stock form and, i just didn't get too excited about it. it felt heavy and kinda slow.

Ryno.

In the stock form the WR is not very impressive. But, there are many free mods and some other changes you can make to greatly improve the performance. For tight woods riding the WR may be the best choice because of the gearbox. It has a low, low gear for the technical trails and a higher top speed for the wide open trails.
The cooling system is more compatible with slow, tight trails than the CRF250R. The WR has a coolent catch bottle and bigger radiators.

You may also want to look at the CRF250X. :cool:

Good luck.

Ryno149

Jun 23, 2002
thanks OL'89r. unfortunately the hondas are not an option. my bike shop only carries yamaha, kawasaki, and suzuki. they help me too much to get anything else.
i do ride/ race in some pretty tight technical stuff, but the courses are more like g.n.c.c. tracks; kinda fast stuff.
the wr didnt feel bad, it just didnt feel too much better than my 125, but it was way heavier.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom