WR250F (dog) versus 250f (not a dog)

stormer94

~SPONSOR~
May 30, 2001
I kept hearing people gripe about how bad the wr250f is outta the box. I'm a 250f owner, and have been quite happy with mine. I just couldn't imagine all the fuss over the throttle stops a stupid gray wire and a little pipe uncorking...

A guy I work with just picked up a WR, and all I can say is OH MY GAWD, the bike is a total slug outta the box, I'm talking impossible to wheelie in first gear, total pig. I think a bone stock TTR125 would give it a run, I ain't kidding! I had no idea, NO IDEA! How can Yamaha (or any company) detune a bike to that level and still make it work???? I got to ride another buddies bone stock 2002 XR250 and it walked all over the WR... it's unbelievable to me that could even occur .

No wonder you WR guys are peeved!!!! We'll be doing the gray wire trick, filing the carb stop and uncorking it in about 5 minutes... :)

Not ragging on the WR, just feeling your pain.

Bob

Last edited:

milketoast

Jul 8, 2002
OMG, my WR250F can't get out of it's own way. ...girlfriend beat me flat out on 200cc ATC circa ~1981 ... :scream: . Just found articles on recommended carb adjustments for this bike and possible air filter oil clogging pilot jet ... :think:

Gardener

Jul 28, 2000
Is there a difference between US and CDN WRs? I have a couple of buds up north here with '02 WR250Fs and they rip. These bikes had no throttle stop.

kciH

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 28, 2002
Same deal on the 426, it's just got a lot more to work with from the start. Same mods for the most part.

Top Bottom