Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
Try taking off your silencer. On RMXTWOFITTY's bike, we tried everything before we figured this out. We tried different carbs, new stator, jets, float settings, spark plug caps, crank seals, everything, and it ended up being a clogged up silencer.
I really didn't believe it at first, but we put a new silencer on the bike and it has ran fine ever since.

pcahbrown

Nov 22, 2003
Two litre's in 10 minites

I Will try taking of the silencer to see if it works.I to will be amazed if it fixes it.
I drained all the fuel out of the tank and put new stuff in from a different source just to see if i had bad fuel. i started the bike and it started to blow smoke but this time i let it run trying to rev it out , it was blubbering away billowing out blackish blue smoke and after 7 or so minutes it ran out of fuel . I had put 3 litre's in the tank and had 1 left when it stoped ( reserve ) . now thats a lot of fuel .
Thanks for your advice one and all
Paul.

Vince Stokes

May 30, 2002
I know you sent the carb to SA,are you sure the main jet has not fallen out of the jet holder,it screws
in,bleeden obvious,I know,that is a lot of fuel.Blocked vent hose from the float chamber?

pcahbrown

Nov 22, 2003
checking carby in another bike

I am tending to lean back to a carby problem after that dump and burn of 2 litre's of fuel.
the carby is now at my local ( 45 km away ) husky dealer . they have a WR 250 in there for a service so they are going to fit my carb to it and see what happens. the jetting is ball park for a 250. keep you posted
paul

Vince Stokes

May 30, 2002
I just read a thread on another site where a bike was fowling plugs,the bloke chased jetting for ages
turned out to be the woodruf key on the crank had broken and the timing had slipped,worth a look.

pcahbrown

Nov 22, 2003
great news

I got a phone call from my husky dealer today. he put my carb onto a 97 wr250 and it did the same thing , it started billowing smoke out the exhurst . he also said the machanic striped down my carb and the other bikes carb and couldn.t see anything out of the ordanary with mine. I have got a keihin carb coming so i will cut my mikuni up with a hacksaw and see if there are any cracks up inside the main jet immulsion tube
paul

pcahbrown

Nov 22, 2003
keihin saves the day

The new Keihin PJ arrived today and it worked . great on top, revs out to the max but needs rejetting down low. came with a 160 main and a 60 idle jet which is way to big , I'm thinking 45 . it also has a 6.0 slide.
any ideas greatly accepted. but please remenber i live at sea level and the average temp is 25 degrees.
thank to all who had an input into my problem
Cheers Paul

COLEMANAPP

~SPONSOR~
Feb 19, 2002
Paul,
I have a keihin pj that I used for a bit on my 360. I'll check and see what the jetting is on that next time I get out to our farm where the carb's at. Glad you are on your way to getting it figured out.
Bob

Top Bottom