bike5

Aug 19, 2000
About a week ago I started getting wrist pain in BOTH my wrist at the same time. Both wrist do not bother me when I am not using them but when I type like now (although not to bad, its a lot worse when my hand is on the mouse and using the mouse), write on paper, do push-ups(which I can't do anymore because of the pain), and even turning and gripping the steering wheel of my car. My wrist didn't go through anything tramatic recently that I can think of they just started hurting, and I hadn't been on the computer much for about 2 weeks because I was moving and nothing was hooked up.

I am very active on the computer, just turned 21 but I have spent years and years somtimes on the computer 16+ hours a day programming and playing games (I don't do that anymore thanks to having to much college work). I was in one dirt bike wreck where I jolted both my wrist really bad (but didn't break anything) and had to keep both them in a brace for a month; however, this was about 6 years ago and I havn't had any problems since they healed so I don't think thats what wrong right now.

I just really don't know what brought this on and its REALLY effecting my because I can hardly write and I have to write paper after paper for my classes and I just can't do it its starting to hurt so bad. I just started working on a math assasignment and after the first problem I stopped because it was hurting and came on here.

The pain in ALL directly in my wrist, right where the crease from the hand and the arm come together and all the pain in within a half of inch each way of that spot on both wrist.

My questions are, does anyone know what this might be? Could it be CTS(Carpal Tunnel Syndrome) or does it sound like anything else? Is there anything I can do or try to help the problem, doing wrist strengthning exercises just hurts it worse and when I try almost all those exercisies my wrist pops with each motion from up to down or rotation.

Any advice, insight, anything would be really great and thank you in advance.

slodsm

Jul 20, 2004
I have CTS from a wreck about 8 years ago in the exact same location in my right wrist only. Mine comes and goes from 2 months with nothing to 1 weeks to where I can't even move it. I can't explain it well simply because I am in the Marine Corp and our navy docs have a lot of patients so if your arm is not fallin off, you get no treatment pretty much. My doc just gave me a brace and I wear it when the wrist hurts. Sorry not much help but it sounds to me like you have the same problem.

bike5

Aug 19, 2000
Ya I have been told by a few other people too to just try to rest the wrist and wear a brace when using it when it hurts which will be all day currently.

markthomps

Sponsoring Member
May 27, 2000
Been there and one that. Lots of years at the keyboard, since I'm a writer. There's no specific cure, but you need to find what arrangement of desktop, keyboard and whatever works best for you. In my case it was lowering the keyboard, plus wrist braces, plus ice and rest. Eventually the pain subsided. Get yourself to a doctor for a checkup and some official advice. 21 is way too early to be hung up with CTS. I don't think the bike is the cause, since you haven't ridden that much. Too many years of being on the 'puter caused thyis.

Oct 10, 2004
Sounds like CTS. Im not a dr. so I am not shure here but isint it caused by muscles in your wrists becoming bigger (from diong a lot of work with your hands ex typing) and squezzing your veins and restricting blood flow?

Top Bottom