jmutiger

Oct 10, 2001
Ola again guys,

I'm trying to plan out my 10 days off at X-mas.. I'd love to drive somewhere and go riding.. Where would you guys recommend going to within 24hrs of driving from Toronto, Ontario?

I'm thinking Kentucky, Georgia, Tennesee.. But I have NO idea where any trails are down there... I just figure there's gotta be some decent stuff with all of the elevation change.. I'd like to ride advanced trails, with lots of elevation change. Something different than I usually get :)

Thanks,

Jon!

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
Chadwick, Mo is exactly a twenty-four hour drive from Oshawa! It is the best trail riding in Missouri. Lots of rocky hills in the Ozark mountains. Miles of trails and beautiful countryside.

MADisher

Grand Data Poohbah
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 30, 2000
Nearly everything in Ohio is closed, So look towards KY or Tenn. It can still be chilly down here.

One of the better bets if you are coming this way is Livingston, KY Route 909 off I-75, exit 49 I believe. If traveling South, right of the exit, 909 dead ends into the Daniel Boon National forest to the right (west), exit off the ramp head west up into the forest, lots of places to park. Bring a GPS or go with someone that knows the place, it's easy to get lost.

There are a handful of places within 50 miles of that in Berea KY, etc if you plan on camping and riding for a couple days.

If it's warm enough (above 40) lemme know and we can meet you there.

-MD

jmutiger

Oct 10, 2001
What's it like?

Matt,

What kind of conditions could I expect down there? What about elevation change? What kind of potential elevation change is there?

Thanks, I'm thinking about it :)

Jon!

MADisher

Grand Data Poohbah
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 30, 2000
Hrms.. Uhm I think that part of ky is about 1200ft above sea level ? Uhm some pretty good moutains aroud there but I don't think it would change more than 2000ft ? I think ? not real sure. You might find that info online somewhere. Search for Daniel Boone National Forest. Or someone else may chime right in a know.

-MD

trsrdr

~SPONSOR~
Jul 12, 2001
Look into Land Between the Lakes, located in Western Kentucky between Kentucky Lake and Lake Barkely. There are over 100 miles of trails in the 2,500 acre OHV area.

Top Bottom