Furrypines

Sep 12, 2002
I bought an 1988 xr80r for my kid and after riding it for about 4 months I changed the back tire and realized the frame looks bent. If you look at it from the back both frame rails seem bent to the left. Kind of looks like this(<). It also looks like that was designed to clear the exhaust. Can anyone help me to find out if the frame is bent or just some strange setup from honda to make room for the exhaust. Any answers are appreciated. Thanks

23jayhawk

Sponsoring Member
Apr 30, 2002
Our '02 XR100 has something very similar. Looking from the back, the rear struts bow toward the left side of the bike, the L/H one a bit more so than the R/H. And I don't think he's crashed hard enough to bend the frame yet.

Not sure how much Honda has changed the frame in 15 years, but hope that helps. :cool:

T_bone_799

Sep 14, 2002
My 2002CR80 looks like it's subframe is bent to the right......i dunno, i didn't notice it until after i crash while trying to do a no-footer of a 7 foot jump:( i think mines prob just bent.....cuz the silincer is bent too.

CO Dan

~SPONSOR~
Apr 20, 2001
My daughter's 95 XR80 has the same characteristic, frame bent to clear the muffler. Nothing to worry about I imagine. Does the seat look straight and level? If so, I think you're okay.

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
Harley rear fenders lokk the same way on alot of models .The centerline of the Dunlop rear tire doesnt line up with the centerline ot the fender.

Top Bottom