Z0RR0

Jul 23, 2002
Hi all,

I'm just wondering if anyone was able to fit CR platics on XRs (400/600/650).

I'm starting to ponder if an XR based Motard could be a fine affordable option for me ... but I definitely want CR looks ...

Just wondering ....

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
The XR650R would make a great motard bike. I have the XRL, and with the proper mods (including lowering and stiffening the suspension), it handles great, although it could always use a bit more power (which the XR-R would have!).

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Yep, the ALoop kit is the way to go. I did mine about a year ago on my XR400, but have since sold it. The shrouds are from a '97 CR.

Attachments

• cleanxr2.jpg
    cleanxr2.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 351

1350CFM

Feb 25, 2004
What or the parts from? Another bike or are the custom pieces made by that company? Really cool! I'll let my brother know about this for his XR4. Too bad the tank had to loose capacity. Oh well guess ya can't have it all.

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
You'll get everything you need from ALoop. I'm pretty sure the only custom made piece is the gas tank. The '97 CR shrouds will bolt onto the new tank. It's a totally different seat too. They include a nice seat cover, graphics for the tank and some swing arm decals as well. The graphics on my bike are not the ones that come with the set. The ALoop graphics are much nicer than what I show in my picture. You will have to take the fuel petcock off the XR400 and use it on the new tank as well. The new tank actually uses two fuel petcocks due to the shape. It definitely makes a big difference in the feel of the XR400. You get all that low-end grunt in a much skinnier body.

Top Bottom