oldslodave

~SPONSOR~
Jun 16, 2002
My 12 year old son rides a basically stock 01 XR100 in youth enduro and trail riding. The problem is he's getting fast enough now that the suspension is kinda rough on him. Off water bars, he's bottoming the suspension. But he really does well in the technical stuff with it. He flattracks a CR80 and does OK on it but he's not quite ready for a CR in the more techical off road stuff we do. What I'm looking for is some suggestions so I can get another season out of the XR before moving him up to a CR80. I'm thinking a little stiffer fork/shock spring and maybe try to brace the triple clamps. I don't mind spending a little $$, cause I'll turn it into a flattracker for me when he's done with it. But I don't want to spend the $$ for a BBR CR80 conversion when he's gonna want CR HP in another year. Anyone know who/where to get suspension stuff for XR100's
Thanks
dcp

minifig-phil

Spammer
Apr 6, 2002
I just bought a works Performance shock for my XR and man it's not even the same bike. Wow what a difference!
also I cut the progressive part off of the fork spring and replaced it with a spacer and 20w oil 100mm from the top compressed w/o springs. There is a thread on XR100 forks in the mini forum with more info please check it out.

Top Bottom