Fark

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 2002
Hello.  I just changed my tired for the first time and the bead isn't uniform all the way across the rim.  I just trued the wheels, they have a touch of runout but nothing crazy.  Will the beads seat them selves after riding a few miles or what.

The tubes inside are the correct rim size; but they are both a little bigger than should be.  It's all the bike shop had.  I'm wondering if this is the problem.

Comments? :flame: :yeehaw:

Fark

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 2002
Thanks kids, I use a foot pump and stopped around 25 PSI. I suppose I should also loosen the rim lock.

Fark

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 2002
ok 60 psi and it's sprayed with penetrant. Should I stop pumping or what? Bead hasn't seated yet.

JohnScott

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2001
You need to go through a couple of inflate/deflate cycles. It'll eventually get there. When you deflate try to work your soap or WD40 to the part of the bead that won't seat.

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
Originally posted by Fark
Thanks man. Time to buy a compressor. :)
Indeed :confused: I had a real cheap(ching shin I think?) tire that WOULD NOT seal. We ran some serious air pressure in it soap/water whole nine yrds and still wouldn't seal(p.s. Compitant operator at helm/shop mechanic) Finally he said just ride it and it will come in to place......he was right. As long as its not a major lack of uniformity just ride it see what happens. Tires are pretty darn tough

derekk87

May 29, 2002
We just put a Kenda on my bike and we went to 70 lbs with industrial bead lubricant and i finally just rode it and it went ahead and seated. Those cheap tires are good except when you are changing them.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom