Surviving Dave Wood's Off Road Class

Red Rider 53

~SPONSOR~
Jan 16, 2003
Awesome, sorry this is kind of off topic but I couldn't help but notice.GETMETOCA, I live like 20mins from Foresthill, CA I ride at Mammoth Bar all the time and I know right where the Sugar Pine trail system is! Thats pretty cool that there is another DRNer in the area!

Ed Silva

May 17, 2002
Hi Natalie,
This is Ed, the guy with the 400 EXC, great article of our ride, It was fun and something to remember! I missed out on stuff after the second bridge, when
Jennifer, Pierre and myself headed up that rock climb.
Maybe we will meet again on some trail,

Take care, ED

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Hey MobyP, Ed, dmdXR400! I was wondering how many of you in the class were DRN'ers, I forgot to ask. Glad to meet you all as well. Don't know about you guys, but I am going to hold off on Trail 6 for a while......lol.

Red Rider 53

~SPONSOR~
Jan 16, 2003
GETMETOCA,

Do ride at Sugar Pine in Foresthill. I haven't got up there yet but I do a lot of riding at Mammoth Bar. I saw another DRNer on the road to Mammoth Bar. I couldn't talk to him cause we were in the car but he had a Yamaha with DRN front fender decals.

clutchcover

~SPONSOR~
Feb 21, 2002
Great write up Natalie. Sounds like a place I'd want to try. You seem to be quite the trailrider now. Any plans for a future ISDE? :) Good job on the ride report. :thumb:

Mini_Thumper

~SPONSOR~
Dec 17, 2002
GETMETOCA - after reading your ride report, I am very nervous that I will look like a moron at the Ladies Ride School. I'm not ready for Trail 6 yet . . . maybe I'll just follow you around like a little puppy, and I can learn from you. Then maybe someday I can do trail 6 too . . . I think I want to take your guided trail too!! :worship:

See ya in a few days . . .

Sarah

rob_gendreau

Jun 2, 2003
I was in the class as well.

Great write up. I was behind Natalie on the offtrail excursion down the hill, and it was pretty scary for a bit.

The trail was a blast, but in retrospect I think the coolest part was that everyone pulled together under arduous circumstances, and we all made sure we ALL got through it. And Dave, Mick and Mike did a great job.

It?s great to try something that?s out of your comfort zone, and maybe even over your head, as long as you?ve got people with you who have your back.

Thanks classmates.

Rob

Top Bottom