Creeper9

~SPONSOR~
Oct 28, 1999
Oh, I think it's somewhere between $1000 -1200 per episode. How else do you think I paid for that new KTM? :cool:

I think I signed my royalty rights away in that waiver form. I wasn't interested in reading at that point. Who knows what I signed? It was funny though to see my wife try to hide from the camera because she was outside all day in the flower beds, and didn't clean up before we went to the hospital. I'm just lucky I didn't end up on "The worlds dumbest Motorcycle riders" or something like that!!!

-K

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
You might want to re-read that waiver form.... I seem to remember seeing clips of you on that show "Funniest Medical Intern Videos".

... And I always thought those interns practiced that kind of stuff on cadavers or plastic models first.... :think:

:confused:

geremacheks

~SPONSOR~
Feb 14, 2002
"Lassie" once nipped at the tires of my old Bultaco, but a threat with my boot veered her off. Those celebrities can be kind of aggressive some times. She wasn't so lucky with the next rider. She boldly went after him head on, and he just wheelied over the poor mutt. The whines could still be heard around the next bend.

Speaking of agressiveness, Sonny Bono once almost knocked me off my skis while he was doing some wild and crazy, show-off moguls. Poor Sonny. I got up just in time to see him go a little further and "SMACK", straight into the side of a parked, full sized, snow groomer. :whiner:

Speaking of Sonny, Cher and I were doing a fund raiser for a "Give or get AIDS" concern, and she completely surprised me by modestly accepting my proposal to sing background in my hometown rock band called The Rolling Stones. But it never worked out! :ugg: Turns out my buddy Keith can't stand the broad.

Oh, shoot. I wanted to tell you about the time me and Old Blue Eyes and smokkin' Dean Martin pulled a slippery one on the mafia in the old Celler Bar on Chicago's Gold Coast----but somebody's beating on my door. Probably one of those Hollywood agents again. They are SUCH a nuisance. :yeehaw:

rickshaw

Sponsoring Member
Sep 24, 2000
And as for R.W., if only I was 20 years older.... or Rickshaw's age! :confused: [/B][/QUOTE]

Bill, that would make you 15 years old....but that does explain a few things :eek:

Back to this thread, met Wardy, Lechein and Chicken in the airport on the way to my 1st honeymoon - it was the only highlight of the trip!

Got stuck at an airport with Joe Piscopo, he was interesting to talk to.

Met Brett Hull at the Buffalo Airport, only guy I ever met who talked more than me!

Introduced myself to Rick Mears waiting for a flight and after, asked him why he didn't wear a helmet while riding his ATC 250R on the 20/20 interview.

Got to change into my riding gear in the Factory Fred T trailer last year!

rickshaw

geremacheks

~SPONSOR~
Feb 14, 2002
Who's sleeping with Big Lou? I got a feeling there is going to be another blurb about him on the cover of Cosmo. Those celebs do what they have to to stay in the news. ;)

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I've had several "encounters" with celebrities, but the one that took the most psycho-therapy sessions to get over was walking into the porta-pottie at DirtWeek when BigLou forgot to lock the door.

Ya know how they call the offensive tackle "Tiny"? Well... :p

Bill Beard

Dec 3, 2001
My brother went to school with Butch Patrick (Eddie Munster from the "Munsters" comedy show). I met Steve McQueen out riding in the desert in CA. I'm friends of Gary(4 time National MX champ) and Don Jones. I was on the New NewlyWed game show. Almost walked into Trisha Yearwood at a concert in Tucson.

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
I once dated a guy who had a cousin who went to school with a guy who's sister claimed to have seen Brad Pitt shopping at Wally World. :)

BUT since that doesn't count... for those of you who aren't into snowboarding you probably won't recognize this name, but I went to HS with Jamie Lynn. What a sweet guy and one HECK of a snowboarder. :cool:

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Preston Dennard was in my English 101 class. (1974)

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
oh, did I mention that I shook hands with Ronald Reagan?... 1986 it was.

Attachments

• marcel & reagan 1986.jpg
    marcel & reagan 1986.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 214

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Originally posted by Pokie
oh, did I mention that I shook hands with Ronald Reagan?... 1986 it was.
Oh you did, did you? Well what about this:

Attachments

• 1merickroland.jpg
    1merickroland.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 212

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
Originally posted by dirty~d~
I once dated a guy who had a cousin who went to school with a guy who's sister claimed to have seen Brad Pitt shopping at Wally World. :)

BUT since that doesn't count... for those of you who aren't into snowboarding you probably won't recognize this name, but I went to HS with Jamie Lynn. What a sweet guy and one HECK of a snowboarder. :cool:

Ha ha Jamie Lynn rocks. I used to have his first pro model by Libtech. Thats killer.

WideOpen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 21, 2000
Me and a couple friends were suppose to ride with shane watts but he never showed up.

I forgive him though.

the sucky part was: a week later those friends of mine went riding and ran into shane out there in the woods. I WAS AT HOME!!! :whiner:

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
VD: are you known by the company you keep or dream of?
BTW who is the card-board guy in the middle? hehehehe

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Originally posted by dirty~d~

Humm... My daughter was born in the same hospital as Pitt and my mom was friends with his Aunt. Does that count for anything (Yes, Pitt is an Okie... brush with fame via association?)

2:00am, Ohare International, two people walking thru the terminal... Walter Payton and me :)

But my real brush with fame ? I ride with Pokie :aj:

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
(Yes, Pitt is an Okie... brush with fame via association?)

Yeah, he played a real good Okie in Kalifornia. :p

...said he was playin' a Kansan in Fight Club

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I ride on occasion with Rik Smits.. (Former Indiana Pacers Center) I also work races at the track that he is a part owner of.

Last edited:

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
I seen a couple of guys from the band "The Used". They're pretty famous and I ran into them in a record store. Pretty cool guys.

I also met Steve Kelly (Played for Tampa Bay Lightning, not sure if he does anymore) and Robyn Regehr (Calgary Flames and Team Canada).

Not sure how many of you guys will know this but I seen Raven from "That's so Raven" (a show on the family channel).

RocketRaccoon

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 7, 2006
I used to work at a Home Depot in Westchester,NY. I took care of Judge Judy and her husband (both about 4 feet tall in person), sold the Clintons a christmas tree (Secret Service guys arent very friendly), Helped James Earl Jones, and saw one of the guys from the show "OZ". It was the young skinhead that ended up with the black guys gums. All the girls at the store went nuts every time he came in. Cant remember his name. Also, as a kid I grew up in Croton,NY and was good friends with Russel Harper. He was better known for the stupid 80's lego commercials. That about does it for me.

Top Bottom