Status
Not open for further replies.

jackdrinker

Apr 11, 2003
well, i give up. time for a true woods bike. i'm considering a 03' wr250f or a klx300r.
ok, lets hear the point and counter point..

kx200

Feb 1, 2001
I had a 2000 KLX and now have a 2003 WR250 The WR will eat the 300 alive.
Starting is one of the best things about the WR you really don’t need the electric start, it kicks soooo easy, the KLX you still need to find top dead center. The good thing about the 300 is that it’s a 6 speed and it handles really great, almost as good as the old 02 Gas Gas I had.
It’s just not a race bike with out throwing money at it while the WR can do both(just putt or scream) stock. The KLX is almost unchanged since started out as a duel sport 250 in Japan. Hope this helps.

JCspode

May 30, 2002
I wish I had gotten a KLX300 instead of the bike I have now. Throw a pumper carb on the KLX300, and maybe some suspension work depending on your weight and you should have a good woods bike. I especially like the shorter wheel base of the KLX300, but it looked like it would be too much costly work to get it to perform like I wanted it to. I have put more money into the bike I have now to get it to perform like I want it to, than if I had bought the KLX300 and done the mods to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom