Coloner_Dre

Feb 8, 2006
Hello everyone im new and im asking the mother of all new commer questions. This spring i want to get a brand new bike either a yz 125 or 250f. it would be my third bike after owning a yz 80. I am 17 yrs old about 5' 8" and 130 lbs. I was wondering if the weight of a 250f is to much for me to handle and if i should jsut settle for the ligth weight 125. And i took a break from riding for about a year since my yz 80 and do mostly trail and local pit riding. please gimme some help here ;)

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
I prefer the lighter weight, but I suppose you'd get used to it. The 250f has an entirely different powerband - a lot more low end power and not as much hit.

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
Coloner_Dre said:
Thanks for the reply rob but i kind want to use the four stroke power i tihnk i would do better with the more low end power.

If you're set on the 4 stroke, then why ask for help . . ?

Ride them both and see what you think.

250f for life

Uhhh...
Feb 11, 2006
go with the 4-stroke. Trust me the 125 is lighter but the 250f isnt that much heavier and isnt hard to ride. Also its alot more fun. Less gear changing and trust me u will be dissapointed if u ride the 4 stroke then try the 125.

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
250f for life said:
go with the 4-stroke. Trust me the 125 is lighter but the 250f isnt that much heavier and isnt hard to ride. Also its alot more fun. Less gear changing and trust me u will be dissapointed if u ride the 4 stroke then try the 125.

More fun? Nah. I think the majority of guys here would agree that the 2 strokes are definitely more fun. Just look at all the guys on here that are coming back from 4 strokes to 2s.

The 4s are easier to ride, though, as they have a broader powerband.

Personally, I'll take my 144. . .

jbikelover

Feb 9, 2006
It depends more in the driver than the bike or its motor. As long as the bike fits your size, weight, you feel comfortable in it and of course, its in good shape, it will work for you.

Personally I like 4 strokes because they don't use too much gas like 2 strokes and they don't burn oil. 4 strokes are like a mule, not too fast but they will move you wherever you want to go.

Coloner_Dre

Feb 8, 2006
Welll im still debating but now im thinking about the new 06 yz125 its seems that in allt he reviews everyone loves it and it is very fun plus i like how light weight it is.

Top Bottom