Ryno149

Jun 23, 2002
I'm racing a 2003 yz125 in harescrambles and I'm really pleased with it. I've had some friends tel me that I would like a 250f. I think I'd get a 2003 YZ 250 F (auto-decompression). I am 175 pounds and an upper C/ lower B class racer. I really don't like the idea of the extra weight, or harder starting due to compression. I also don't really know anything about the thumpers mechanically. I rode a KTM 450 SX in the woods and liked the added low end. I know that the two bikes are completely different, but it's the only 4-stroke experience I've got. Should I stick to my bike or go to the baby blue thumper.
Thanx alot guys(and gals)! :thumb:

Chevalier

Sep 3, 2001
I used to ride a CR125 doing enduro style riding for fun. It was great and nice to start when it stalls! I have a 02 250F(with an 03 cam) and it was ok for most stuff but god help you when you get to a hill that you need to push/lift it up! and when it decides it doesn't want to start...:whiner: Last saturday I bought an 03 KX250(I was starting to worry about a failure on my 250F-I ride it hard on MX tracks now and don't want the risk of it letting go!), I haven't been on an MX track yet but have done some trail riding... I prefer the KX by far! but maybe thats just because I just bought it!
You really need to try the different bikes on the market and see whats good for you.

Top Bottom