Bigdogdaddy69

Feb 18, 2008
well Today i went for a little ride on the bike i came home washed the bike cleaned the air filter then i finished by changing the oil. And the oil seemed to be mixed with somthing white. Im guessing its antifreeze. What do i to fix this/ locate problem. Will this hurt my bike if i hold off on fixing it? The bike is running really good, shifts fine runs perfect.

ysr89

Dec 4, 2007
It's water. Flush the system with some Seafoam and a few quarts of the cheapest oil you can find. After flushing until white oil is gone, add good oil and go. Check it later on to see if it's white again, if it is, then you may have a bigger problem like a bad seal.

CarnageZ28

Mar 25, 2008
Could possibly have even been from condenstaion if the bike sat for a while? How bad was it?

And yes, running it like that can hurt bearings. Anti-freeze has like zero lubricating properties.

YZ Teacher

Mar 13, 2007
Every single time I have had milky oil it was the water pump seal. It is not a difficult fix as it takes about 1/2 an hour. Just make sure you work clean when making the repair.

Bigdogdaddy69

Feb 18, 2008
theres barely any white in there. I put fresh oil in today and im going to burn a tank full of gas and check my oil and let you know..

CarnageZ28

Mar 25, 2008
Ehhh, you better run it shorter than that. You dont want to have a seal let loose and fill your gear box with antifreeze. It will eat up your bearings. And possibly overheat your bike if you dont keep a close eye on the antifreeze. I would run it with cheap 10W40 for like 20 minutes, half hour, drain, and see what you have. Dont run it hard till you figure out what is wrong.

CarnageZ28

Mar 25, 2008
Yea, pull it and take a look. It might be able to tell you something. Could be a crankcase seal, but I am leaning more towards waterpump ...

Top Bottom