Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Finally got to ride the new steed today.
Rode the Grand Traverse loop 25 miles to break in the bike.
It sure is a different beast than the 4t, I had a problem with blowing through the corners, not quite used to no engine breaking yet. It will take a few more rides to get used to the bike but as for now I like it, still not sure enough about it to put the 4t away quite yet............

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
You'll love it! Phil still loves his '06...although he WAS drooling over the '08s the other day...

katoom125

Apr 25, 2004
Oh, I'd be amazed if you don't really love the bike once you get used to it.

I was very happy with my 05 and now have a few rides on the 08 and again very impressed - get your race sag set and the bike has fantastic balance/handling (I prefer 108mm for race sag - with clickers within 1 or 2 of stock and high speed compression backed off, softer, by 1/4 to 1/2 turn)

I do not like the stock front tire - can't get the bike to turn like I want.

anyway have fun with the new steed!

nickolino

Feb 21, 2008
:nener: The orange smoker, thats good factory Freddy with put you to bed. Keep that knee excuse handy you will be using it. Oh did I say Factory Fred the fastest man in Mich in or outa bed. Gobucks whats azzholes address I figure he could use some double choco doughnuts by now

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
All may not be lost with Mr. Marsh - I stopped by his shop this Tuesday to pick up a triple clamp - and noticed this nice little magnet on the side of a filing cabinet...it had 3 letters on it...Orange letters..... darn now what were those 3 letters? hmmm... oh I know. KTM!

He had it positioned such when he had his feet up on the desk, he could gaze longingly at the name of the bike he wishes he had bought...

3KDXXR2

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 3, 2002
Don, Im sure all these KTM riders would really rather ride Blue, But they are confused or lost, or just jealous . A 5 yr old yamaha still has better suspension than a new Ktm.
I love rding mine more each time I get out on it. Lets talk about reliability. Who has his bike in pieces waiting for some Crank work to be done on his bike? :nener: I dont think its one of us Blue riders :nod:

Last edited:

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
3KDXXR2 said:
Don, Im sure all these KTM riders would really rather ride Blue, But they are confused or lost, or just jealous . A 5 yr old yamaha still has better suspension than a new Ktm.
I love rding mine more each time I get out on it. Lets talk about reliability. Who has his bike in pieces waiting for some Crank work to be done on his bike? :nener: I dont think its one of us Blue riders :nod:

Yeah, butt.... who's bike has oh, 5500 miles on it (bet yours has less than 1/2 of that) :nener: And, for what its worth, the crank measured up all within spec - (side play, and being "true",) bearing and pin looked fine, cylinder well (very well actually) within spec. AND my KTM has this neato looking custom extra heavy duty bunch of zip ties holding the fender together, and a tractor headlight stuffed into the stock shell held together by pop rivits, aluminum and zip ties - I bet all that added a whole bunch more horsepower and improved handling to boot! :)

Plus Orange is just a prettier color, and it is easier to spell KTM than it is to spell Yamadog...er Yamahaha, er...how is that???? Yamaha? there, that's it!

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Hey Crazy - did you end up doing Roselawn? How did it go for you? (sorry Don for hijacking your thread)

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
bbarel said:
I see the fishing is good.

Unfortunately, the one big blue fish has not bitten yet?! :ride:

3KDXXR2

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 3, 2002
One blue fish bit, then spit the hook back :nener:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
I rode with Don today on his smoker. He looked to be getting more comfortable as the day wore on. It's kinda odd seeing him on a 2 stroke though, I've never known Don when he wasn't on a 250 Thumper. It was a beautiful day in the Kalkaska woods. The Arbor Day enduro is ready! Its about 26-28 ground miles per loop - X 2 loops! That will whoop 'em into shape. :laugh: We got some fun stuff mixed in too.

nickolino

Feb 21, 2008
Too Bad we didnt hook up MAgoo and I came down and rode tomahawk b loop it was awesome! Saw alot of broken blue plastic on the ground. figured it was from 1 of those great suspened yamaturds.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Freddy your getting soft...........you didn't say how many times I stalled the bike or fell down in the corners when you were following me. :yikes: It was getting easier to ride near the end of the day. The bike almost whooped me on a couple of sections.
It was a great weekend and should be a fun event. :cool:

wyatt

Apr 3, 2002
Saw alot of broken blue plastic on the ground. figured it was from 1 of those great suspened yamaturds.[/QUOTE]

Kinda ironic a KTM rider making fun of other bikes suspension.

The only place at this weeks supercross a ktm rider looked comfy was on top of the tuffblocks. Ask Nick wey and Jeremy Mcgrath.

Creeper9

~SPONSOR~
Oct 28, 1999
Don,

Dump the front tire ASAP. It's a hard terrain tire and you'll wash the front end when you try to push it.

BTW - don't let Mike fool you. He actually admitted to really liking the 07 YZ250 I have. :nod: Even though he'll deny it here on the board! :nener:

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Thanks, but the stock tires were off before the bike was even started. Kenda is one of my sponsers. The problem is with the guy on the seat, not the bike of tires............

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
OH Don...

by the way I didn't see any orange smoke coming out that FMF turbine core silencer, only blue. :coocoo:

Let me know where you want that KTM sticker on your new race van. :laugh: It will match that magnet you have.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
So we are riding along the Arbor Day event trail and I pull up on Don and Fred. First thought...uh oh...the super seniors are fighting already....No, they are talking not throwing punches....Don's bike is parked on one side of the trail and he is standing next to Fred's.....second thought....they are going to TRADE bikes.....NO.
Don was not carrying a tool belt (bad idea when riding a smurf bike). He was asking Fred to borrow a screw driver to make an adjustment.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Get it right Mike, it was an allen wrench and it said KTM on it and since using it my bike rattles & shakes like it is comeing APART!

Fred, if you saw smoke coming from my silencer that means I was in front............

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Here we go AGAIN!!!!!!

Fred was helping to determine check placement and HAD an odometer on his bike. Of course neither of you would carry a stapler or arrows because you were....tuning the bike. I think there was some pre-season racing going on!
Denny and Randy were willing to carry the extra weight of the tools we needed on the trails
Honestly, thanks to all of the MTRs who helped this weekend. Each day we got more done than I planned and the course is ready to ride.

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
fatherandson said:
Here we go AGAIN!!!!!!

Denny and Randy were willing to carry the extra weight of the tools we needed on the trails
Honestly, thanks to all of the MTRs who helped this weekend. QUOTE]
Mike, I was ill prepaired for working. The Blue rider said we were riding so I left the arrow pouch at home. Don and I swapped bikes for a fiew miles, and I did enjoy the YZ. If it had a lighting coil, more bottom end, and less nervous suspension, I would consider buying one, IF KTM was out of business. :laugh:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Don
Those KTM wrenches are European and not japanese so maybe it didn't fit right, they are designed for high quality fasteners. BTW-those black KTM stickers look really nice on white vans, plus it indicates the driver of the vehicle is of higher intelligence. :cool: I have several of them so let me know and I can bring one up next weekend. Jack Daniels stickers look good too.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Mike & Freddy bring on the stickers...................

"KTM stickers look really nice on white vans, plus it indicates the driver of the vehicle is of higher intelligence"

Kalkaska’s
Team
Marsh

Top Bottom