Chopmaster13

Sep 9, 2019
Alright folks, I’ve posted this over in TT without much luck, so here goes. I got a ‘01 yz125 and a few weeks ago it started running bad. Sputtering at low RPMs but then clearing out in higher RPMs. The idle fluctuates up and down when warm and there is a lot of excess spooge coming out of the power valve vent line. I figured jetting issue, pulled the carb and found my carb slide was broken off at the bottom. Replaced carb slide and cleaned out carb, bike still runs like crap. I figured air leak maybe but it doesn’t have a hanging idle and still smokes out the exhaust, with an excessive amount of spooge. Tested electrical components, checked reeds, checked plug, checked power valve operation, nothing. Keep in mind it was running great right before the carb slide broke. So the only thing I have left to wonder is if a piece of carb slide went up into the cylinder and smoked my piston ring. Could all these bad conditions be caused by a bad ring? I just did a top end about 10 hours ago FYI

The Redrider

Jun 14, 2019
Alright folks, I’ve posted this over in TT without much luck, so here goes. I got a ‘01 yz125 and a few weeks ago it started running bad. Sputtering at low RPMs but then clearing out in higher RPMs. The idle fluctuates up and down when warm and there is a lot of excess spooge coming out of the power valve vent line. I figured jetting issue, pulled the carb and found my carb slide was broken off at the bottom. Replaced carb slide and cleaned out carb, bike still runs like crap. I figured air leak maybe but it doesn’t have a hanging idle and still smokes out the exhaust, with an excessive amount of spooge. Tested electrical components, checked reeds, checked plug, checked power valve operation, nothing. Keep in mind it was running great right before the carb slide broke. So the only thing I have left to wonder is if a piece of carb slide went up into the cylinder and smoked my piston ring. Could all these bad conditions be caused by a bad ring? I just did a top end about 10 hours ago FYI
Bro, I am having the same issues with my CR's, and I keep them tuned and in great shape. I told another gent on here try this, then let us know. Drain all of that ethynol out of your tank and carb. buy a drum full of VP racing fuel, and mix a tank full of it with some of your favorite 2 smoke oil, I think I know what the deal is....

Top Bottom