Oct 28, 2004
YZ250 Delta V-force Problems JETTING

Well I just go my Delta v-force valve and installed it exaclty at the directions were. but when I built it back up, it makes a more whispy sound and wont fire. I am wondering if I need to re-jet it or should it start anyways. And what size jet for you experts would you reccomend. Here are the specs on it. 1991 YZ250, fmf gold series, power core 1 silencer, uni filter. it runs on golden spectro @ 40:1. I am at 3/4 throtle most of the time. The weather around here is about 40-45 degrees, altitude is +/- 350 feet and about 40-50% humidity. any other info just let me know. Ps it had the stock valve cage on it before with boysen reeds on it. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Last edited:

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
If it is really sounding different I would check for a leak somewhere.

Oct 28, 2004
well i found the problem, it was just that since the intake manifold had to be modded, i just needed to sand it and make it a little more flush with the reed cage, fired up after a few kicks then I went out riding and WHAT A DIFFERENCE! stock cage with boysen flaps compared to the v-force is no comparison. this has certainly been the best bang for my buck. if you have a 2-stroke you need these reeds!

Top Bottom