GREENBEAN

Jan 8, 2000
My Buddys YZ400F wasnt runnig right last weekend. Granted it was about 43 degrees out and raining/Hailing but his bike would not idle he bumped the idle screw way up but it kept stalling whenever he stopped it took probably 8 kicks to get it going initially where it never seems to take more than three or four.. and he put a new plug in the night before. Could it be carb cleaning time? Or should he rejet? He has a E-Series Spark arrester with around ten -12 disks in it also and I dont think he ever did a rejet but it has been running fine for almost a year. My KDX200 needed a few tweaks of the air screw to run right but it ran better as the day went on.

[This message has been edited by GREENBEAN (edited 04-03-2001).]

yzracer49

Mar 19, 2000
Does it have stock jetting? I have a 98 Yzf and it doesn't like to run below 50 degrees. It is most likly running too lean. I had mine up and running last weekend for the first time since Oct. and it wasn't happy.

Try bumping up the piliot 1-2 sizes. and turn out the mixture screw to 2 1/2.

Hopefully it will warm up soon and it won't matter.
smile.gif

------------------
Pretty much everything that that needs to be figured out, can be figured out in the garage

Yzracer49
98 Yz400f
00 Pw50(Daughter)
93 Xr100(Wife)
8? Kdx175
71 Ke100

Humai

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 6, 2000
GB, if his bike is getting hard to start and is not idling, it might pay to get your buddy to check his valve clearances.

GREENBEAN

Jan 8, 2000
He took his Air filter out and said he could wring water out of it. (It was raining and Hailing all day) He replaced it and said it seems to run fine now.

Top Bottom