yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
Does anybody have an idea of how to make walking in boots more comfortable? If something bad (out of gas) happens on the trail, I have to walk a considerable distance. The last time I walked like a mile and the heels of my feet were rubbed raw. Thank you for taking your time

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I always wear big thick hunting socks. They work much better than those Sunday go-to-meetin' socks you may be wearing. :D

dakayla

Jul 31, 2001
Get yourself a pair of Alpinestars "Vector" boots... I can walk miles in comfort, straight of the shelf! Very Confortable boots... If you want to save $250, wear 2 pair of socks... bye bye blisters, etc.,

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
I always wear two pairs of socks and can walk all day in my boots... Try it.

FMX_novice

Jan 5, 2001
Make a pact with your self to get more gas when you get down to 1/2 tank, that way no matter how far away you are you can always get back if it took 1/2 tank to get there.

KC_BigDog_51

Mar 25, 2001
Are the boots NEW?

Everytime I buy a new pair of boots when I get them home I fill up the bathtub with boiling hot water and soak the entire boot in there for about 20 minutes. Once they cool off take them outside and walk around in them for about 10 minutes and it will help break them in quicker and it will soften up the plastic on the outer shell to make them more comfortable without comprimising their durability. Repeat this several times until they are to your desired level of comfort.

I wear FOX Forma boots and have done this on 2 pairs so far and it helps speed the break in time up considerably and have have had no problems with the hot water damaging the boot in anyway. :confused:

quadrunner

Jul 20, 2001
No, No, No, No....

Mole skin. At the Dr. Scholls display in your pharmacy. It's like a cotton flannel patch, with an adhesive back side. You peel off the paper backing from the adhesive side, and stick it directly on your foot where the blisters would form. The flannel side (out) slips against whatever your skin was rubbing on before to cause the blister. But because the patch is stuck on your skin by the adhesive, there's no chafing against it. You can buy it on rolls, and cut the patches any size you want with scissors. This is how hikers and trekers and joggers go miles and miles without blisters.:)

Top Bottom