Are you a member of the Broken Collarbone Club?

Are you a member of the Broken Collarbone Club?

• Yes - broke it while riding

Votes: 308 36.3%
  • Yes - but not related to riding

Votes: 65 7.7%
  • No - but broke another bone(s) while riding

Votes: 126 14.8%
  • No - but broke another bone(s) not related to riding

Votes: 108 12.7%
  • Never broken a bone (knock on wood!)

Votes: 242 28.5%

• Total voters

taderhead

Jul 29, 2005
i broke my collar bone while ridin a 2000 modle kx 250 actig stupid trying a stand up wheelie on a rutted out slate dump.....then the next year my me and my buddies all went out riding and we were hitting this monsterous jump on coal mine property and my buddy hit it one to many times nose ived and brokes his collerbone....on a 2000 modle kx 250 no it wasnt the same bike either....lol

WhAtIsMoUsE

Dec 18, 2005
ive never motocrossed or broken any bones before. but when people bail out from 3-story jumps how do you survive let alone get away with nothing but a broken collarbone?

ihone

Jan 10, 2006
i broke both merging onto I-610 here in Houston from richmond Ave. there was a tapered down slot, where they built the onramp after they built the freeway. got my 750 into it, tank slapped 6-7 times, and ate concrete. The thing that broke my collarbones, was my helmet's jawline. Hit the back of my helmet on the inside curb, that seperates the shoulder of the freeway from the fastlane.

Good learning experience tho.....Don't ride a streetbike in Houston. heh.

Goose91

Jan 18, 2006
I broke my finger years ago not at all related to riding. I had my hand on this bench, then my brother (not looking) jumps on the bench to sit on it "YEEEOOOOWWWW" it was actually a fracture. It still hurt like heck.

Goose

raptor199

Feb 16, 2006
Hey I broke mine the first time on a 50 ft. double w/tabletop landing. The takeoff was rutted up bad. I didnt get my wheels lined up in the takeoff right and it threw me sideways in the air. I was hoping i could ride it out but it threw me sideways off the bike and the right side of my helmet slammed against the ground and broke my left collarbone. The second time i was going a round a curve in first gear and fell on my shoulder and it broke in the same spot and grew back together overlapped. How many of yalls collarbones grew back together like that.

Crzyfrlss1

Apr 5, 2006
Can't vote because the right choice aint there for me.

Got real lucky last weekend though.

My suspension needs work therefore my bike kicked me off the back over the bars ran me over and then landed on my tailbone.

I'm real lucky there we're other riders in the area, and I did'nt breack my collarbone or get paralyzed, I was able to ride home shortly after, but it sure hurt like hell.

nick545

Feb 18, 2006
Never broke anything (but after voting I think ima break something).......Now Im scared of going riding :whoa:
Which one is the most painful to least painful?
(Cause worst that happened to me is probably getting punched in the nose) :laugh:
collar bone
nose
ribbs
hips
jaw
legs
arms

I heard somewhere that when you brake your collar bone that the spot that brakes gets stronger but the rest of your collar bone gets weaker....making it easier to break? :whoa:

hndarida4life

Jan 26, 2006
i think i have broke my collar bone every time i try a new jump that is hard as hell or i dont think i can do i always **** that **** up now they look like mountains bumpy as hell.

gardner154

May 9, 2006
I've snapped both bones in my left arm, now have 2 metal plates and 14 screws in my left arm. Dislocated my knee and broke my collarbone all in one wreck. I wasnt in shock either, amanzingly I felt no pain at all because my whole body hurt!!

Mullenhead

Feb 20, 2006
Twice in 4 weeks

Broke it the first time practicing on some farmland a friend of mone owned. Someone had taken tree stump that had been plowed up, roots and all, and stuck it upside down in a gopher hole. The grass was knee high and I didn't see it... BOOM the roots got stuck in my frame rail and ripped the bike out from underneath me. Next thing I know was I was looking at sky and my buddies looking down at me, "are you alright", "sure", I said then i tried to get up... Nope nevermind. Went to the Doc, had a shoulder brace. Doc sadi 6 weeks no riding.. I was like WHAT! 4 weeks later I was in the sand pit and dumpped it in a big sand berm on the same side. Got up and kept riding, got home that night took of my jersey and brace and my shoulder was hanging a little low. Went back to the Doc the next day he did an x-ray and came in and said, "You went riding didn't you?" Then he said I need to set that.. It's still broken to this day. One side overlapping the other and calcium built up all around it. Didn't seem to slow me down though... :cool:

easy rider

Feb 26, 2005
Sustained a fracture of the medial and lateral malleolus and "chipped" another bone last weekend. Fortunately I only need to wear a boot for several weeks. I consider myself lucky.

dynastyyz

Jul 24, 2006
when i broke my collar bine i was four years old and my sister spun me around a bunch of times then me being the stupid one wanted to go downstairs and i tripped on the third step i had to wear this vest to keep it from moving it was a compound brake meaning you could see it i didnt even need an x-ray

tjnap250f

Jul 14, 2006
i broke my collar bone about 2.5 weeks ago at MX207 in lyman maine. butterfly fracture which means it is a clean snap, cracked and chiped. that is my only real injury.... from dirtbiking

Mountain Biking: broken back (T7 T10 T11)
Hockey: broken arm/wrist
Skiing: skull (ping pong fracture, yeah that was a bad one) and a collar bone

fingers dont count

1989kx250

Mar 17, 2006
i broke my collarbone the first time i rode my 89 kx 250, hit the gas like my 125 and over i went. still rode home

Aug 12, 2006
Well, I have not broken my collarbone completely. It go a hair line crack and did not break all the way. It still hurts only when I stop working out.

2-broke my same arm
2-broke my same leg
1-almost lost my middle finger, over shot a jump and my finger hit a rock and the tip was hanging off.
1-hyper extended my elbow

Just got back into riding after taking some time off. Was riding streetbikes, so I am hoping I can remain healthy.

letsride24-7

Aug 10, 2006
I was part of that never broke a bone, except for some cracked ribs from riding and football... But I decided to go out for a night ride this past friday on my banshee... Well normal i just take her out for a quick blast throught the fields at my house, no big deal right... Well no gear or a helmet.When i went to transfer off the rode to the field going close to 85mph my right front tire "which was flat" had the rim grab some odd bump. Tossed me close to 30 yards into the woods and my quad a good 60 or so. Well after i woke up i was missing my shoe's,phone,even my 4-wheeler. I had to walk home to get a flashlight. Went to the hospital saturday. And had 2 broken bones in my hand, fracture in my left arm, 3 ribs cracked. And needed 4 stitches in my head, and 2 in my ear... Now i'm still black and blue head to toe. with some nice eyes to match. Lucky i am, and will never ride with out my helmet, street or dirt for now on.
Thank you guardian angel for watching over me friday!!!!!!

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
You know you did all that and still didn't break your collarbone..... :yikes:

nospeed

Jun 27, 2006
I broke my right collar bone about 5 weeks ago on a pit bike. Here is the x-ray!

I still can't get over the fact that the bone bridges the gap all on its own.

index.php

thebleakness

Sep 19, 2006
I havent broken my collarbone but my friend broke his collarbone and his fibula after falling off the back of a razerback at the dunes. He was pretty messed up after that.

Myself ive only broken wrist (both the radius and ulna) doing grappling at Tae Kwon Do. I Remember playing with it because it was like rubber. :p Ive ripped my foot open on barb wire though, i was riding my bike with sandels on (havent done that since :p ) and the front tire caught up the end of the wire. A barb grabbed one side of my foot and ripped through all the way to the other side. I now have an awesome 5 inch scar across the top of my foot. :D

I ate it today riding though. Front tire caught a rock and slide out. I went flying and landed on my knees....directly on some rocks. Needless to say i wasnt wearing kneepads. My knee is starting to swell up and its quite bruised. :rolleyes:

Coloner_Dre

Feb 8, 2006
Today is my first official day back that i can ride since i broke my collar bone at rocky hill track in Ct this summer looking forward to getting back on!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom