CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
We pulled out at 9:00 Sat. night and about 100 miles from Stillwater, Darby's tranny overheated and blew most of the fluid out. We limped to a rest area and tried to come up with a plan. We had a quart of Honda tranny oil and a quart of Mobil 1 15w50, so we dumped it in and drove about 30 miles to the next truck stop, and got some real ATF. We drove 55-60 mph the rest of the way home and would stop every 100 miles or so and check/add fluid. By the time we got home we had lost 1st gear and overdrive. But we made it! Got home at 10:00 am Sunday morning.

Another great Dirtweek in the history books!

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Home, after a 24 hour drive this time. Too much time to think about missing the people already, but not enough time to think about all the fun I had. Once again Okie, you pulled off another GREAT DW my friend, thank you again. Until next year................

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
gnarlykaw said:
mrs. Gnarlykaw
(I really need to get a DRN name)

How about GnarlySquaw ;)

Jonathan and I had a great time, we stopped at a flying J on the way home, showered and cleaned up and stopped at the Oklahoma City Memorial - Sunday was a quiet and peaceful day - we arrived home about 6pm - had to get my money back for a Wal-Mart tent we bought, was the worst tent I have ever slept in.

Next year we may do 3 days ..... :ride:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
What a week!!!!! I am beat and not looking forward to washing all the red mud off my bike!!

I am now very, very sad :( as I miss all my buddies already...I'm counting the days until next year!

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
squeaky said:
What a week!!!!! I am beat and not looking forward to washing all the red mud off my bike!!

Is that not the most beautiful red mud you have ever seen ;) :thumb:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Dave, Cheryl and lil' David made it home today at 3:30. I imagine they are sleeping soundly by now :)

Top Bottom