Neil Wig

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 22, 2000
Hey, lookin' for some opinions on the size of flywheel weight to put on my 2001 CR250. I use my bike exclusively in trails and climbing. How big of a weight would you suggest? 12 oz? bigger, smaller?

I'm 180 lb, and find the throttle response and hit to be very difficult to control in tight trails.

Thanks

Neil

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
Check here
If this doesn't help you out enough give them a call or drop them an email and they will set you up with the correct weight for your riding style/level

pro2k

Nov 7, 2002
I put a 6oz on my 03. That would be like an 8oz on yours. Keeps the bike fast revving! I would say get a 12 or 14. Steahly will let you send it back in and shave it down if it feels to heavy for you. I think they will do it for free if you send it back within 60 days of purchase.

Neil Wig

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 22, 2000
Thanks for the repies. Looks like I'll get the 12 oz FWW. I'll report my findings after the test ride.

Later

Nevada Sixx

Jan 14, 2000
please do report, i was thinking of the same bike and same fww.,, and do a test where you go up a hill, slow down, and try to speed back up again..
thanks.

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
The 12oz made a HUGE difference on my 99. Lessened the hit enough to make it more controllable. It works great for tractoring up nasty, rocky hills. I can let it bog down so much I can almost count the rpms without stalling. Almost!

biffpk

Mar 23, 2003
I have the 14 oz. on mine. I love it . I am also an old fat (but fast) trail rider . It will climb with anybody, has a smooth power delivery , starts easier (in gear), & doesnt stall when brake steering the rear end. Good luck!..................Biff.

Neil Wig

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 22, 2000
Hey Nevada "and do a test where you go up a hill, slow down, and try to speed back up again.."
Are you trying to mark me up or what? I'm happy when the pig keeps going up the hill, never mind toying with tragedy, and getting off the gas.....

From Biffpk"s experience, I think I'll grab the 14oz instead. It can always be machined down.

Later

Neil

Top Bottom