Selecting a flywheel weight for a 02 CR250

SmogNazi

Apr 29, 2005
Hey guys-
ordered my FMF gnarly and turbinecore II exhaust today :cool:

I now want to get a steahly flywheel weight.
I am not a motocross pro or anything. I just more cruise around on trails and get some track time in. I am pretty easy on a bike. I want to lessen the hit and have something that is more stall proof. They sell an 8, 10, 12 or 14 oz weight. 12 and 14 oz weights require modifications to the cover and a shim w/ extra gasket. I'm leaning towards a 10oz weight to stay away from that modification but i also don't want to sell myself short and get the 10oz and it not make any difference. Anyone can sway me either way? :uh:

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
The 10oz will make a big difference on that bike for trail riding, that's what I put on my 02. I would't go any bigger myself.

crashnburn

Apr 24, 2004
I put a 12 on my 02cr250, modification is easy with a hand grinder no problem. I don't know about the 10 oz but the 12 makes it stall less coming down the hills, and it smooths out the bottom when you get on it the front end stays down a little better. No regrets in my opinion it makes climbing hills a little easier, good luck.

tyesai

Nov 4, 2004
I put the 12 oz on my 04 CR250R and love it, don't be scared of the cover modification, it just takes a little grinding in one spot of the cover and a fair amount of it in another spot. It really was easy to do with a dremel tool, it only took me about an hour to get the whole thing right and bolted up. It really helps with stalling and smooths out the power a little bit.

Top Bottom