jum17

Aug 30, 2007
I need a helmet but dont know what to get. I dont know prices very well but i definatly do not wanna cheap out on a helmet. Are there any good helmets for around $75?

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
In general, no.

But, before you go buying a helmet just on cost or looks. Find one that fits.

Fit is the most important feature in a helmet. The most expensive, baddest looking helmet isn't going to do you much good, if it doesn't fit your head.

For this, you are going to have to go somewhere that sells a good selection of helmets and try some on.

I got a pretty decent helmet a year ago for about $150. My previous helmet was around the same price, but didn't fit quite right. I'd end up with a headache after wearing it for a short time. I can wear the newer one all day with out any thing
like that.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
$100-150 (full retail...150-250) should get you a decent helmet. Look for something that's Snell & DOT approved. Search "MX helmet closeouts."

BLACKeR

Oct 30, 2007
look around for last years models, also maybe you can fine one with scratched paint or some minor blemish. i wouldnt use a $75 helmet.

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
A good fitting $75 helmet is better than nothing. But you can usually get a pretty darn good helmet on sale or closeout for around $100-$125. But Indy has it right: the fit is everything.

Top Bottom