• No, I'm a Nancy

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
It seems that there is some interest in a MX only ride with some of the Damn Yankee Dirt Riders. The May ride at Paragon will be too early for their MX track to be completed so I'm planning a MX only ride at a place called MX573 http://www.mx573.com It's got overnight camping and a small store with bike parts and food. The track in 1.5 miles long and the owner is constantly working it with a stone rake so there are very few rocks. He also has a massive watering system that he uses as soon as any dust kicks up. There is a pond if you want to get wet and a pressure washer to clean your bike if it's muddy.

Also the claim to fame on this track is a HUGE double that only a few have done. Don't worry though, all of the jumps have a wide bypass if you don't want to do them. I can show you where all of the bypasses are ;) This track is great for everyone from beginner to pro.

It's usually not that crowded and I spoke with him earlier about a group discount if enough people showed up. Lets get a head count of who would be interested and some dates that would be good. Take the poll (yes or no) to get a running count and also email me at rmguy@dirtrider.net so I can get an email distribution list started.

Oh, and for you woods only guys and gals there is a nice pee wee track to moto on :aj:

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I'm interested. Let's see how the details work out.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I'm looking for suggestions for dates. I'd like to do it on a weekend so no one has to take off work. Of course if you normally race it's usually on a Sunday.

Sometime in late May or June would be good but I'm pretty open as long as it isn't June 1st (my 24th anniversary and my wife don't ride :() or May 4th. Once I see if we have enough people I'll give the owner a call.

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
Seeing that I started this whole thing :) You can definetly count me in. I work every other weekend, so getting me on a off weekend would be killer.. I also know my schedule a year in advance, so no prob on telling you when I don't work :)

I bet FlyinKaw(James) would be in for sure....

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
James better be in! I'll make the treck if I have to, but are there any tracks maybe an hour or so closer to RI that you might know of?

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
would love to go!!!

Fark, since I am currently transportationally challenged would you mind if I can hook up with you for the ride?

Most any weekend would work for me!

Fark

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 2002
How many bikes? We'll have a 125 and an 85 and it'll be a tight fit but we can fit another full size bike. You have a trailer? No prob if you don't!

Shoot me a PM man, your address and phone # and all.  Why are you transportationally challenged?  DUI?  :aj:   Just kidding.    LOL. 

Last edited:

CaptainObvious

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Dave,

Any time is good for me (except the weekend of the Damn Yankee Trail Ride). I like the idea of the pee wee track...for my 8-year-old of course.

I don't ride a lot of MX but I'm more than glad to get out there and be a lapper (or is that a leper).

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
Originally posted by Fark
How many bikes? We'll have a 125 and an 85 and it'll be a tight fit but we can fit another full size bike. You have a trailer? No prob if you don't!

Shoot me a PM man, your address and phone # and all.  Why are you transportationally challenged?  DUI?  :aj:   Just kidding.    LOL. 

one 250 and my gear and supplies well actually I could take a car for that stuff to free up bike space. email me at jsantapau@hotmail.com since I have yet to cough up the funds for this site <don't shoot me Okie>.

the ole' pickup finally failed inspection and a lot of little parts I need are no longer available. It was a government spec'ed truck and things are just getting too difficult to obtain and too expensive to convert to a "normal" vehicle.
I haven't decided whether or not to cut it up into a BillyBobJoe trailer or just to trade it for an rear axle of a front wheel drive and make a light trailer that my car could actually pull.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Hucker,
Email me with your schedule and we'll post a few dates to choose from.

Fark

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 2002
jdog no prob. All I ask is that you contribute to the gas tank and get your own tent if we camp. I have and xtended cab so you can sit in the back seat with the gear. :aj:

I don't know if this will happen, it seems there isn't a huge interest in it.

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
Cool thanks Fark!

I will gladly fill up your tank although if we do camp I will probably will drive my own car since I usually bring way too much stuff but never what I need.

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
see now that is the stuff I will forget I just hate it when I don't bring a running bike. But I am sure I will have enough clean socks and fan belts from cars I no longer own.

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
giving you a small token of my appreciation for taxiing my bike is no problem! heh I should watch my mouth otherwise you coulda pulled up to my house with a 55 gallon drum strapped on the back demanding race fuel .

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Let's shoot for the end of June. Even if there are just 4 or 5 of us it will be a blast. Chief and a few of his friends met me there last year and we had a real good time.

CaptainObvious

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
End of June sounds good to me. Maybe the snow will be gone by then!

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Let's make it for June 21st and 22nd. If you can only make it for one day make it Sunday. I will probally be there both days but go home to sleep since it's only 1/2 hour for me. I will also be able to avoid the attack of the zip-ties :debil:

Top Bottom