ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Hey Bundy---I couldn't wait for you to post this. Let's get this going!
On the last Phelan ride we scouted out some new trail, and we believe we can put together about 100 miles of interesting loops.
This is a call to all you SoCal DRNers to get off your couches and get the work-out of your life on some of the finest single-track in the area!
Bundy--I say we start staging at 9:00 so we can get organized and on the trail by 10:00. How about it?
Same Bat place:Wilson Ranch Road.:D

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
WOOOO HOOOOO I'm in. I need to touture this out of shape body of mine. I'm still carrying around the weight I gained while the wife was Pregnant. How come she lost hers but I didn't loose mine.... Can't figure it out. :confused:

Plus I need to come out and support my fellow 2-smoke Pumpkin riders ... We need a pumpkin smiley :debil:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Junior and me are there! Let' stage at 8 so we can ride by 9! How about it? I'm going to Glen Helen on the 13th so as long as I don't toss the mighty Zuki, then I'm in. See you guys there
Elk

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Phelan 100

God willing my bike is ready .... I'm in !

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
:) :) :)

Ok boys, if were gonna do this lets do it right.
Ktmboy and desert_ racer.... you guys are the offiical milage keepers ( since your pumpkins have OD`s ). Set both to zero and the one with the fewest miles at the end will be the " offical " miles traveled.
That way we have two bikes keeping score, in case one of you dont have the stamina to make it.:p
What do you think ktmboy, how many loops of the trails we put together last time would we have to do to get to the 100 mile mark, 3 or 4 ?
If I have a day off next week, maybe I can go out and ribbon some new trail to go with what we rode over the weekend.
But lets make this a challenge, every one who can make the whole 100 miles becomes a member of the 100 mile club. :cool: But to make it interisting lets put a time limit or somekind of handicap system in place. That way it will be an honor to be in the 100 mile club. Maybe we can come up with somekind of prize for those who make it.
Or do you think 100 miles will be to easy?
What do you think, sound cool or what. Or am I just crazy.
This could be the start of something big. Purdy soon everyone on DRN will want to be in the CLUB!

later mxbundy

Last edited:

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Considering it gets dark at 6 PM we'll have about 9 hours if we leave promptly at 9 AM. That's about 11 mph. We're gonna need at least 1 gas stop - maybe 2. If we can keep the group together I bet it will take us almost all day.

Perhaps we should keep this fun for everyone and just say that for this inaugural event the whole idea is to just finish. I really like the idea of it ... but I bet I'll like it alot less at about 70 or so miles !!

Last edited:

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
I here you, i`m not trying to make it a race, just some friendly competition.
Kind of like a friday night poker game or something.
What about useing a speed average like at an enduro.
Lets see, at 24 mph average it would take about 4 hours and some change.
But at 18 mph average it goes to 6 hours. So we pick an average speed and then say every one that finishes within a set amount of time gets in.
Of course we dont have to do this this time, but it would be fun to do in the future. Maybe have a bike rodeo for all the socal DRN`s

later mxbundy

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
I see where Bundy gets the title of "Ruler of the Dark Side". He is trying to kill me on my second ride out. I'm in on trying to ride the 100 but I'm in no shape for a race. I say lets scope this thing out and get a good route and then we can start planning for the Annual "MxBundy 100 Miles of Torture" event. :scream: :) :scream:

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
:o

Ok guys,
I get the hint, its just sometimes my enthusiasm gets the best of me.
But I think this is still a good Idea, for a future ride. Maybe at the end of this season we can plan something.
Eel had me rollin with all his "100" mile rides.in the other phelan thread.

later mxbundy

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
Bundy,

Don't get me wrong... I like the idea... Just not in the shape I'm in now... Although I have a feeling that after a couple of rides with you I won't be able to use that excuse any more..... :)

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I guess I'll find out how many miles I can go on one tank. This loop thing, will there be a break in between so's I can feed my 2 stroke monster? I think I'll just push Bundy into a poison oak bush! That'll slow him down. So here's the question, how many miles WILL I get to a tank. I usually gauge it by time not miles. I can ride a good 4 hours at the track on one tank, with some to spare. I can ride two good rides at Phelan with not much to spare. I wanna be a part of the 100 mile club, even if I have to push it! Will this ride include a trip to that cafe off the 138, I think I remember how to get there.

Oh, do I need a sparky, I forgot if you guys talked about that?
Elk

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
Don't worry Elk. I think there will be enough of us small tank boys there to warrent a pit stop. And any trip to a cafe is good with me. How do you think I got into the shape I'm in now.:confused:

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
Yes elk I think a sparky would be a good idea, the last two times out the ranger stoped us. Do you have one? I hope so, dont want to see you guys missout.

later mxbundy

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Hey, I'm gonna buy a sparky anyway and then jet my bike down one so it doesn't spooge so much. I'm packing my mula just in case we breeze by the cafe too. Elk

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
100 miles :o

I have never gone that far in one day.... Looking forward to trying it.

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
Bundy,

I don't think that Double Bacon Cheesburger you had at My Desert Rose on Sat. was on your diet either but you scarfed that thing down. :p

By the way check you PM's.

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Phelan

You guys mind the company of a fellow 2-stroke rice burner? Sounds like fun and I’m definitely interested. Although I have to agree with a few of my out -of-shape hamburger eating motorcycle bros when I say Id probably die before 100 miles. Now if I was just married to one of those Aerobic work out, motorcycle riding, super models I wouldn’t have this problem. (I have to have some excuse!).

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
Boodac... More Riders = More Crashes = More laughing = More Calories Burned = Better Shape ;)

Come out and join us. We may have the making of a mini DirtWeek going here.

Hey I'm with you on that super model thing... Now if I could just convince the wife....:eek:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Don't look at the light, it is the dark side tricking you. I think we're gonna have to start this 2 stroke 4 choke thing again! Keep steady and the 2 stroke will prevail, it always does and it always will. Bundy is just trying to lead you into the poison oak. It's not really 100 miles, it just feels that much to the 4 stroke guys, they have to work twice as hard. It's only 50 miles! Come one come all, for the 2 stroke alliance is stronger and we will stamp out the 4 smoke, thumping poopie heads!
Elk

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
Sparkys....

Just wanted to remind everyone that sparkys are required.:think
Elk if you are gonna by a new one, the fMF turbine core is the way to go. I have used these on all my previous 2 smokes and they worked great. I didnt have to change jetting, but i`m not a freak about my jetting anyway.

mxbundy

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
The last big ride we had there was a train of 12 guys! I think we'll have a great group this time too. No supermodels though, maybe Thumbs can wear his thong again.
Elk

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom