• Cooperland: Maybe.

Votes: 15 7.0%
  • Cooperland: No way!

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • Casey: Absolutely.

Votes: 70 32.7%
  • Casey: Hmmm, perhaps.

Votes: 18 8.4%
  • Casey: Nope. Nuh-uh. Ain't gonna happen!

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • Either location: Wouldn't miss it for the world!

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Either location: Eh, if I get around to it.

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • Either location: Not a chance!

Votes: 16 7.5%

• Total voters

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Don't get me wrong....
< Dream mode on, win lottery, wiggely lines >
Big tour bus, back 12 feet converted to a shop, hydraulic ramp/lift. Big DRN logo on both sides... travel to all Nationals, SX.. DRN post race parties.

DW1 SoCal, DW2 Northwest, DW3 Southwest, DW4 Florida, DW5 North East.
< Dream mode off, wiggely lines off >

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
Big tour bus, back 12 feet converted to a shop, hydraulic ramp/lift. Big DRN logo on both sides... travel to all Nationals, SX.. DRN post race parties.

Ohh sounds soo sweet..
Just imagine the possibilities!!! I wish !!!

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
I've had every intention on going to Cooperland this year. I've had it planned since DW '01. We even have family in OK that are expecting us...BUT now we are expecting a baby in Oct. so Cooperland may be out of the question for me.:whiner: LTM in Sept. will be better, but man I want to go to Cooperland. LTM is 3 hrs from me, Cooperland is about 10 hrs.

But Okie, don't base your decision on little ole me.;)

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Pfft! I laugh in the general direction of anyone who complains about a drive that is less than 36 hours! :p
Trust me people, it is soooooooooo worth it!! :) :)

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
Originally posted by justql
Cooperland has a Pro caliber(nothing insane though) mx track, good facilities. The last time I was there the woods loop was 7-8 miles on one trail. Mostly single track, some more open. I think Cooperland itself is only fifty acres but I think Guy has or had an arrangement with some of the people that lived around cooperland. There is also the 500. 500 acres of trails, we ran an enduro with 19 mile loop. that is a few miles down a dirt road from Cooperland.
well that's all fine and dandy, but does cooperland have a train that runs at least 200 times a night and rattles the tents in the slums? does cooperland even have slums???? maybe it's just because it was my first dirtweek but I get all emotional when I think about LTM :whiner: :confused:

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
too funny smb!

i just hope there are coyotes at cooperland like at casey. we spotlighted em saturday night. slums follow dirtweek wherever it is.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
maybe it's just because it was my first dirtweek but I get all emotional when I think about LTM
Nah, it's because you live closer to LTM :p

KXKen

Jan 6, 2001
I HATE DRIVING but after having such a good time last year I'm willing to go to either place. This year my son will have his drivers license so maybe I won't have to drive at all :) :) :)

IT was my first time at Casey and definitely won't be my last (DW or not). That place in great.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
No trains, maybe a few bombers or choppers doing some low level flying. I'll go to either location. Cooperland is only 55 mins. for me. I can help with logistics locally, no problem. Chuck and Guy Cooper are super. They will make every attempt to make an enjoyable experience for everyone. The 500 will give you all the woods riding you can handle.
Either place will leave you with fond memories of a fantastic experience. Make it if you can. Even invite an internet buddy to share expenses with (just know their gender in advance).:p

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I am curious about the on-site logistics at Cooperland. LTM was great because of the central location of the different riding formats.
With there being two different riding areas in OK, will it make it hard for things to flow smooth as in the past? I'm just wondering if that fact would tend to segregate folks of the different riding types...or will Cooperland be the stay location for all and just make daily migrations to the trails???

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by justql
Cooperland has all types of riding on site.
The 500 is just an alternative place that a large group may want to do for a day.

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I agree with you 100% bswift. I just wanted to make sure that they knew Cooperland does have some trails, etc.

txvintage

Sponsoring Member
Apr 20, 2001
Originally posted by BSWIFT
No trains, maybe a few bombers or choppers doing some low level flying..........

You're not supposed to tell them about the black helicopters!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really, there are no aircraft of any sorts, really.;)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by txvintage

You're not supposed to tell them about the black helicopters!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really, there are no aircraft of any sorts, really.;)
Black helicopter? That's just the support teams. By the way, who's using it this weekend?

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
9 hours to Casey, 12 hours to Stillwater. Doesn't much matter on the drive time, but Cooperland and the 500 sound like the way to go for trail riding. I aint into butin' big air, as I usually end up bustin' just about everything else when I hit the ground.

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
Is there a reason why DW'02 is in Oct? I guess my Canadian brain is thinking Hockey season and maybe a lucky snowfall. Whats the weather down there at that time of year? 75 degree's would be pretty sweet in Oct. I don't know if I would ever leave :)

I'm definelty coming this year, I don't care if my friend breaks his ankle again, I'll come by myself...

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Casey, IL - 4 hours
Stillwater, OK - 12 hours (double that is we take the RV)

Either way it will be a blast. I hate to have to wait all season for it. :(

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
yea but that RV of yours is pretty nice, you can afford to take the extra time ;)

8 hours to casey accoring to mapquest (only took about 7 really) but an estimated 18 to stillwater

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
<whining mode on>

We can only get 1 week off, so the 2 day drive (each way) cuts into our riding time. I have to vote for Casey, based soley on that. I would have a hard time convincing these guys to drive for 3 1/2 days,.... to ride for 1, <whining mode off>

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
ship your bike and fly down. i'm sure the heartland spodes would be willing to arrange transportation to cooperland. justql is one heck of a chauffer.:cool:

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Kinda an expensive idea..........but I like it:p i would be very happy to pick up a bike for someone. I als would loan a bike to someone. Oh wait a minute I'm selling the second bike.:(

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Wrong. Boy did you fail that test. I actually found another GasGas, that I am "kinda" thinking about as well as another mxer. Newer bike really cheap.
I am selling the KX. If another bike comes along worth the money. :D I also am thinking of a trials bike. If niether of the 2001's are what they are cracked up to be then I'll be MORE than happy to own only one bike. This two bike stuff makes me feel guilty. I really mean that too. It will take the right bike at the right price for me to ever own two again. Sorry to ramble,as you can tell it's a big issue with me...........I just can't handle the pressure.......boy I gotta sell that bike and forget the idea of buying another.:ugg:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom