Reno trip again next year?

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
Jets and needles wherehouse in my toolbox BigLou. Come on down.

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
CJ: Mimi now has a pretty sweet YZ80, set up just right for her.

This year I Will have an extra bike, I promise! '99 KTM 300mxc (very nicely set up). First come, first serve!

Big Lou - Come on out! Nevada is very different from where you ride now I'll bet! Everyone seems to like it!

B

biglou

Oh, my!

*My best Harry Carrey voice* "Holy Cow!" I didn't realize how long of a drive that was. MapQuest shows it at 1600 miles! They have you taking I-80 instead of I-70. Not sure why. Seems like it was 1400 miles to Yuma, AZ when I was stationed there. That used to take about 24-28 hours of driving. But I was a LOT younger then, and the speed limit was 55, too.
Thus my quest begins to find someone else who wants to do this trip, and drive! Maybe "Good Guy" Rick will be interested in a trip to Reno!:debil:

HoJo

Apr 7, 2001
Pictures coming soon

I am going riding the next two sundays out at the moonrocks. I am gonna take some pictures of some of the "waterfalls", desert term for suicidal cliffs:scream: , fast single track etc. etc. I will let you all know when and where the pictures will be.

Strick and I are planning on marking some loops so that there will be killer riding for all levels. There was recently a sweet (dude) race out there and if some are interested, we could do the whole 37 mile loop. There is a little of everything in it.

If your mind is not made up yet, do not cancel yet, wait til the pictures get here.....see ya all in February.

There will also be a trail (roads) marked for the "handicapped", ride on these areas with extreme caution!;)

RetSenior

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 15, 2000
Killer riding and firecracker22 in her cowgirl hat, daisy dukes and platform heels. Two of my favorite things, how could one miss this. I'm there!

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Originally posted by RetSenior
I'm there!
Oh Lordy...... there goes the neighborhood. ;)
Strick AND RetSenior in one place?! I don't know if I could handle that much "fun". :p

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
Reno Ride

Is anyone invited or is it by invitation only? I was out there in Vegas for the US Open and now cannot think of riding anywhere else.... hmmm note to self to get another trials bike:D But seriously, if work permits, and this is far enough in advance, I would love to ride in Nevada. Louisiana is just so flat!

Motohead00

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
Great news and thanks for the reply.... have a bike, ready to ride. I don't think even my doctor would write me an excuse to ride a quad though!:)

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Originally posted by motohead00
Great news and thanks for the reply.... have a bike, ready to ride. I don't think even my doctor would write me an excuse to ride a quad though!:)

With that response you even get preferred parking in my garage!!

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
Thanks Strick!

I can bring my air mattress and be happy as lark. What is the riding area called, or is it private land where the planned ride is? I am starting to make vacation plans already. It's a long drive from Lafayette, Louisiana to there, but should be worth it. Gotta put the skid plate on the old 250F and we are both ready to roll:cool:

Motohead00

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Aimee, did you have Eric Gorr put the butt end back into that RM?? ;)

Other than that, your bike and I got along fine last year. I'll have to think about this one... hmm....

Will let you know how things work out as we get closer.

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Originally posted by LoriKTM
Aimee, did you have Eric Gorr put the butt end back into that RM?? ;)
Engine is all back together.... it's the rest of the bike I'm still working on! ;)
It should definitely be back together before then. You are more than welcome to the "new and improved" RM or even the KTM if you decide to come out. :)

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Lori; Bobby and I will take you to the waterfalls. Then you can decide whether you want to ride down them or have someone ride your bike down. One is about 12' high, and about an 80 degree angle down. Pretty Scary! The rest is a piece of cake - for You!:D

Last edited:

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Karl's wonderful trails

Hah! Whatever.

Bobby informed me of these "waterfalls." Apparently they do not have any water on them. You desert people are strange.

HoJo

Apr 7, 2001
Yes they are called "waterfalls". Even I am not exactly sure why, I understand the "falls" part, but water we do not have a lot of.

Hey M.H., glad to have you, no this is not private it is public land. You can go where ever you want, just watch out for mustangs and desert tortoises. I rode down in Vegas too and there are way more rocks down there than there are here, I would still put on the skid plate though.

For those interested, I will also get a picture of Karl's "rock" for everyone to see. We sure know Karl didn't see it:eek: .

I can't think of a reply to the desert people remark right now, but it looks like I will just have to cancel the Banshee or 250r and get you a warrior (at least it has electric start).

I will get a picture of Strick going down the big fall, actually the smaller ones are worse. I don't want to spoil it....you will have to see for yourselves.

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
Ahhh the desert people.....

You gotta love the desert. No better place to ride. If you like a wide variety of terrain then the only choice is the desert... I really like the washes and whoops.... Or whoopdee dooos as they call them around here. I cant wait until febuary. "Time To Ride II" should be out by then. Will Strick be having a special showing of the film if its out?

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
Originally posted by HoJo
You can go where ever you want, just watch out for mustangs and desert tortoises.

Desert tortoises... hey have you seen me ride before?:o

I am working on trying to get one my brothers interested in coming out there then. Drop by an pick 'em up on the way thru Texas. That way I don't have to make a 2.5 day (or longer) drive by myself. It is going to be one long drive, but I may have to ride in New Mexico on the way back, too. WoooHooo road trip....

B

biglou

Hey, MotoHead:

If you don't mind squaring off your route and driving a little farther, we could caravan. I am trying to recruit (read: convince) some of the other KCRiders to join me for this little adventure. If I get any takers, I'll let you know. If not, maybe you and I could share the trip. I'll keep you posted.

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
It was such a kick to meet and ride with ya'll at last year's first annual Reno spodefest. Sorry Will and I can't go this year. We're gonna try very hard to attend the first annual New Zealand spodefest and can't do both... unless we hit the lottery soon. Have a great time in Reno ya'll! SirThumper- If you go this year, jump over the road once again for me, OK? (That was just too cool!)

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Originally posted by RetSenior
Killer riding and firecracker22 in her cowgirl hat, daisy dukes and platform heels. Two of my favorite things, how could one miss this. I'm there!

Umm, it's not something you really wanna see, trust me. Surgery scars and legs that haven't seen the sun in a while . . . :scream:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom