YZDezertGuy

Apr 18, 2001
Alrite guys... Looks like ya'll have picked a good date! I will be up and riding by then. I've just got a few questions being that this will be our first DirtWeek ever.

I dont really know anyone from here... I dont post to often but I check up everyday. Will I be a total outcast or what?? Also, a couple buddies might want to come with, must they be dirtrider.net members also? Are there any fees to get in or whatnot? I want to come prepared!

From hearing all the talk about this one week on this board it sounds awesome. I dont want to miss it. Plus I'll just tell the folks that it'll be a great experience/gift for my 18th b-day which is Sept. 24th! WOOHOO!

Thanks everyone, can't wait!

Old CR goat

Sponsoring Member
Nov 10, 2000
Wife says I have to go this year. Something about being reminded twice a week for the past 7 months "Hey baby, did I tell you that Dirtweek is probably in OK next year/ this year" :)

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
yzdesertguy....I found my experience to be close to a family reunion....you may not remember or recognize everyone, but you know you are related somehow!

trivial, Don't fret one bit...the list of us slow spodes far exceeds the list of fastguys....now the list of "fatguys" is another story! (largest list :))

Me, Nic, Chris, and Moma Bird (Sharon) will be there.

I think some of you in-the-clique folks with all the connections should help us get some top notch Mag exposure this year. Didn't (cough) MXA give us a mention last year?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Didn't (cough) MXA give us a mention last year?
Bite your tounge Mister! It was RacerX. Wallenburg would have been there if he didn't have to go to a bike show in Italy. Maybe this year? Maybe we can talk Mr. Cooper into getting some people to come out :think:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by Okiewan
Maybe we can talk Mr. Cooper into getting some people to come out :think:
I would imagine that this WILL happen. I'm working on some local TV coverage.
Trivial, there is plenty of NON-MX riding at CL. 10/1-10/5 is a must do date on your calender.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by trivial
I will be there if there is some non MX stuff...and room for fat lazy riders.

i was kinda hoping that there would be more mx stuff...and i'm a fat, lazy rider. :D

OldMaiconut

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 28, 2001
I will be there with my wife and daughter Katie. Never been to Cooperland, hopefully they have a vintage freindly track that I can wring the Maicos out on.

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
OldMaiconut, that's a good idea. If I get my CZ together, once and for all, I'll bring it along too. I just replaced the front hub with one from eBay. Now, I think, all I need to do is find some petcocks or a whole new gas tank.

Heck, might as well throw the SherpaT on the truck too. Well, that is, if I can formulate a fool proof plan for getting to dirt week. Hmmm?

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
Originally posted by VintageDirt
Well, that is, if I can formulate a fool proof plan for getting to dirt week. Hmmm?
I'd suggest a truck VD, carrying all those bikes on your back could be a tiny bit strenuous ;)

roughly 19 hours from here to Stillwater according to mapquest, 941 miles. A little bit of coffee and two rest stops and I should be good to make the drive :)

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Originally posted by smb_racing
I'd suggest a truck VD, carrying all those bikes on your back could be a tiny bit strenuous
Now that does sound fool proof :confused:

FLYIN_KAW

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 19, 2000
Ya hucker and I talk about this week all the time.
Wish it were october already.
26 hours for us non-stop, full of coffee.
should be a blast finally meeting the faces and personalities to all these threads.
Man I'm glad I bought that old dirty KDX, and found this site.
But i'll be selling it today maybe. Now that I have my KX.
See you all there :cool:

Hey does anyone know how much and how to pay?????

Last edited:

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
I paid through paypal last year, I think okiewan shall set up something similar this year.

Hogwylde

Aug 1, 2001
If it's at Casey this year again, I'll be there for sure. If it's at the other place (oklahoma??)......well, we'll see if it works out or not.

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
I will be there.... No doubt... Hopefully we can have a good showing from some of us Northwesterner's. Its gonna be a blast.

Zoomer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 17, 2000
I sure plan on making it.
Hey On Any sunday, I have a cyl and 2 pistons for a 98 400, mic out with in specs. (yes they are used.) Mine is now a 444! :p SET OF RINGS, AND YOUR HALF WAY THERE!

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2000
Originally posted by Okiewan

Yea, riiiight. LOL... between you and Wendy, you guys cleaned-up on the drawings last year!

Well, what we lack in talent we have to make up in luck! :D
Actually Dirt Week is the only place I've ever won anything.

But seriously, it's the people that really make this event great!

I'm really looking forward to going again this year.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom