Kick Texas or California out of the US?

• Total voters

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Wow :worship: Alan! You are the man. Next steak at the Big Texan is on me! 25 posts in less than 12 hours.

I think you hit a chord! :thumb:

BTW - If WE quit, the Texas Towers in the Gulf, Colorado (we own it) and Alberta (our oil money helped build it) go with us. We also want out original territory back! The top is the 43rd parallel somewhere north of I80 in Wyoming and everything east of the Rio Grande and south of the Arkansas Rivers. We will turn all the East/West roads in to Toll Roads like OK, PA, and others.

Alan will be in the center of the state instead of the top edge. Think of all the great riding opportunities in the Rocky Mountains in NW Texas without the ecofreaks! :yeehaw:

TexMex will again be served in Santa Fe!

Last edited:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
BunduBasher said:
Zio can't even spell y'all .... :moon: :)

Ya think he knows what the plural for y'all is? I'm not fixin to tell him!

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
joereitman said:
I suspect it is not "youse guys"... :)

nahhh, and I bet the B&B (Biff and Buffy) crowd on the left coast doesn't know. :laugh:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
joereitman said:
I suspect it is not "youse guys"... :)
Sounds like a typical Rhode Islanda to me... :think:

Why don't you all just put down your clips, and your fists, and whateva else you're fighting with and come to the realization that if you want to live somewhere good, you want to live on the EAST coast...

End of story... :p

joereitman

Jul 2, 2003
RI is a long way from home for me. :)

I am in Georgia. Best of both worlds. Suthin' East coast. :)

Uh oh, are we opening up an East-West Shootout thing.....

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
squeakygirl said:
if you want to live somewhere good, you want to live on the EAST coast...

End of story... :p

Nah, Houston's OK, but we prefer South Padre Island - or Corpus Christi

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
So what is it about Texas that inspires such loyalty? I mean, I like the state I live in (and we have a little more geological variety than TX) but I don't get all antsy about it. Texas sounds nice but I hear they don't have much snow so I'm not overly interested. I might visit sometime though.

And we can go shooting around here, unless you live in Seattle.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Our snow falls in Colorado and New Mexico .... 'tis good enough for me ... especially since Amarillo is so close to these two states ....... :)

FC22 .... remember the Alamo ............... (Hank Hills favorite !)

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
squeakygirl said:
Sounds like a typical Rhode Islanda to me... :think:

Pffffffffffffttttttttt! We have ranches larger than Rhode Island. I reading a book about the XIT and they had 6000 miles of fence and 3,000,000 acres of land.

Daffodils are already blooming here. We will be mowing the grass in another 3~4 weeks.

firecracker22 said:
So what is it about Texas that inspires such loyalty?

Darlin', Texas is a state of mind. We accept no boundaries.
Like they say ... You can tell a Texan, but you can't tell him much! :p

The major oil companies started in the Golden Triangle at the turn of the last century and Dell is consuming the consumer computer market at the turn of this century.

You can draw a outline of Texas in the sand almost anywhere in the world and people recognize it. In fact, that very idea was used by our State Film Commission to attract movie companies to our state. There was no text in the add to identify the state, only the ficticious locations that have been used here for movies.

We still don't have a state income tax (and likely never will) and our sales tax is lower than many states (even some that have state income tax).

Besides, we have riding like the east coast and west coast as well.

It does get hot here, but that can build character! Or grow a nice shade tree!

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
When you eat a steak in Texas, never ask for ketchup!
Also, try not to wear a tie into a restaurant....it may remain there, forever tacked to the wall.
And if you are gonna eat in a Texan restaurant, you better damn well know how to 2-step!

I like Texas just fine. My best to y'all and yourn! :)

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
My name is not GETMETOTX, however, I sure do have a good time when I'm there!

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
GETMETOCA said:
My name is not GETMETOTX, however, I sure do have a good time when I'm there!

(Monty Hall voice ON) Come on Down! :yeehaw: (Monty Hall voice OFF)

MrLuckey said:
Uh yeah sure you do. And where would this be?

The National Forest near New Waverly is the western edge of the Piney Woods that stretches all the way to the Atlantic. The western deserts begin in West Texas around Midland/Odessa. The southern edge of the Great Plains caprock in east and south of Lubbock.

Possible the greatest reason for being here. We don't have to deal with the BLM. :yeehaw:

Everybody is linked to Texas in one way or another. Many of the heros of the early frontier history in America died at the Alamo. :whiner:

Travel Texas Whoo Hooo!!

Buckaroo Bucks for our Canadian friends.

A bit o' trivia ...
What is the nation's longest highway in any one state? U.S. 83 (903 miles from Brownsville to the Panhandle; IH-10 is only 878.7 miles long from Louisiana just east of Orange to El Paso.)

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Smit-Dog said:
Geez, I wish my state had a cool, easily recognizable outline... :think:

Bill - You have Upers (sp) and that is worth a lot! :aj:

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Tony Eeds said:
Bill - You have Upers (sp) and that is worth a lot! :aj:
Yoopers.

Apparently Ohio didn't think very much of them. But that ended up working out OK I guess. I ride more in the U.P. than I do in Toledo...

I bought a Dell, dude. Does that make us related? And my high school buddy's girlfriend and I hooked up one time, then she moved to Texas. Does that count? She was a long-legged blond, who quickly adopted a sweet Texas drawl, then became a stewardess. Yes - a smokin' hot stewardess, not a gay Flight Attendant. She married a rich lawyer, and probably lives on a big ranch. I bet she has bull horns on her Benz.

I drove through the top part of Texas once on the way to Arizona. I was ready to slit my wrists due to the endless miles of topographic void, but I was only 16 at the time, and decided that driving for 24 hours straight had made me delusional.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Yup! we're bound to be related ...

One of our oddities

MULESHOE, TEXAS
Bailey County Seat, Texas Panhandle

Muleshoe Attractions

Muleshoe Heritage Center: Home of the world's largest muleshoe. Museum is in a restored Santa Fe Railroad Station.

National Mule Memorial: Near the intersection of Hwys 84 and 70 in downtown Muleshoe. The statue was unveiled on July 4th 1965 and is said to honor the mule for its service in WWI

I've heard it said this is one of the largest (if not the largest) bronze mules in the world.

We don't have the largest Radio Flyer like Spokane though. :whiner:

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Well then, does Texas have a state joke that can top this:

Q: Did you hear that Zio is dating Miss Michigan?

http://home.comcast.net/~wcsmith/MissMichigan.jpg

A: Get it? Zio is dating Miss Michigan. Zio is dating Miss Michigan!!!

I guess it's more of a visual joke, and if told to a real Texan, they'd probably kick Zio's butt...

BTW, how are gay marriages going over in Texas?

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
:laugh: great and it even looks like the LP.

We haven't had too worry as yet. It will get interesting in the next few months.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Smit-Dog said:
Just outside of Detroit, we have the worlds largest tire sitting next to a highway. 8 stories tall, and it just went through a $1M repair job. There was a nail sticking out of it. No, really.

http://www.uniroyal.com/about/gianttire.html

Unfortunately, right next to it is a gigantic car, up on blocks.

I saw the tire at the Worlds Fair. It was really neat to a 13 year old kid from Fort Worth Texas.

I love these kind of highway oddities. Every time I see a book at the store with roadside attractions, I grab it and see what is in it. Great fun to discover these kinds of attractions. We searched them out when I was a kid. Great memories.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom