YZRIDER00

Feb 24, 2001
I have 01 YZ250F right now and I looking into getting a 01 CR250 or 02 RM250.. But can you help me by posting the following things for the 01 CR250:

-How well it turned?

-Was it reliable?

-Does it FEEL light?

-Did you like or dislike anything on the bike?

-Also anything else that will help me pick between the bikes.

Thanks.

energyrail

Uhhh...
Mar 21, 2007
I've rode an 01 cr 250 for three years. the motor has a great usable powerband. very reliable motor, clutch and tranny.
suspension linkage seems to be more prone to rust than on my freinds kx. and fork seals seem to be a problem. bike is a bit big feeling compared to a kx not sure on the rm.

+30

Aug 2, 2005
The 01 Cr motor is a good one, it has more bottom than the 02-04,cr 250's I cant speak for the 05-07 though. The 02 Rm I believe you will find turns better than the 01 Cr, shifts a little shorter than the cr, and is a little less stable on high speed chop, but anything can be fixed with the right tuner. The rm has real nice bark down low a good mid and a little short on overrev. I think the Cr's tend to hold up better. Having ridden both bikes a good bit I would have to wind up on the Rm myself but I ride fairly tight tracks. The cr is a very close 2nd for me and would prob pick it first for a big track. -the rm also seems to like to break shifter forks and footpeg welds,fyi. If you are tall, you will prob like the feel of the cr better.

Top Bottom