grunk250r

Nov 16, 1999
I'm looking for input on the 01'250EXC....found a leftover for a VERY tempting price and am wondering about the motor compared to the 99' I owned and also what do they need for jetting/suspension. Thanks in advance!!!

FlyinRyan

~SPONSOR~
Mar 19, 2001
The 01 runs very good. My friend Scott Hofman has been racing one at the local races, got 3rd OA up at Huntersville. I would have to ask him what he did for jetting but it wasn't much. The suspension he put in stiffer springs in the front (he's around 180lbs) and that was about it. I was really happy with my 00 250, only rejetted it and put in heavier springs also. I have it for sale right now, just picked up my 02 200EXC last night.

Are you coming down to Stratford, IA this weekend? should be fun!

grunk250r

Nov 16, 1999
thanks!!

Ryan thanks for the response! YES, I will be at the gnarly hills....FUN enduro, and unfortunately I hear it may be the last. I understand they've been having trouble with quads riding on private land....:( Will Scott Hoffman be there?? Maybe you can hook me up and I can ask him about the bike. Congrats on the 02'200!!! Will you race it there??

Chris-NJ

May 26, 2000
I've had mine for a year now and love it. I enduro it with the ECEA ,and I am a C rider about to go B. the bike is partly the reason I'm getting better. It is hard to go wrong with it. My dealer convinced me to go 250 cuase he was comparing the 00. but now he is saying that the 01 250 is way faster than the older 250's. I thought it might be to powerful for me as of a few months ago, but I seem to getting better enough to use it now?! I've softened the suspension for eastern rock riding and have ended up with 42P, 'I' needle and 175 main for a good overall jetting spec. I'm just changing the clip now for winter/summer. good luck. i spent 6K out the door back in 8/00.

FlyinRyan

~SPONSOR~
Mar 19, 2001
Scott and I are going together, so look for a green chevy pickup with a camper and 2 KTM's. Or look for a white Chevy cargo van, in case we change our minds and get a hotel.

Yea it's to bad about the four wheelers. The club had to cancel thier hare scramble because of that problem. Hopefully the enduro will be able to go on for a couple more years.

Won't be racing the 02 yet. I don't have any time this week to get it ready so I'll ride the trusty 00 200.

See ya there.

grunk250r

Nov 16, 1999
I'm gonna go ahead with the 01'250E...I spoke with Randt this morning and he said no problem going to the 02' suspension specs if I want. I just wanna get it and set it up/break in this fall...old yeller is plenty good to race the rest of the season....I have stratford and 2 or 3 good h.s.'s left this year. And trailriding in the late fall is my favorite!!!

Top Bottom