d.u.g.

May 23, 2003
Hi Folks,
This is a great site,glad I've found it.
After a couple thumpers,I decided to go with another two stroke 250.I ride off-road,hare scrambles,with the only motocrossing being screwing around with my buds on practice days.
All the 250's are good bikes,and quality wise ,and I've had 'em all,I think they are pretty darn close,if treated with TLC.
I wound up going with the RM.I'd ridden them all,and liked them all.I loved how roomy the RM is,being 6-5,and the way this bike turns is darn near incredible.
I've ridden it almost daily for a couple months now,and it's been stone dependable so far.
I added the Steahly flywheel weight.and the FMF gnarly pipe and Q-silencer.These three things make it a VERY sweet off-road power band.With that sweet RM turning,it brings a smile to this vet rider!
Doug

Zuki

Apr 23, 2003
I have the same bike and love it. My mods are similiar, FMF Fatty pipe w/FMF silencer, Moto Tassinari V Force reeds and a Twin Air Filter.

Got to love it....

Humai

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 6, 2000
I'm not that big of an RM fan but I recently rode a buddy's 03 RM250 in an offroad situation and was very impressed with the low COG, quick turning nature of the bike. THe suspension (stock) was surprisingly plush and compliant too.

I'd rate it as one of the most "offroad-ready" MX bikes from the current crop based on my experience. With a flywheel weight and a higher bend bar, it'd be spot on.

d.u.g.

May 23, 2003
When the engine is on the pipe,I really can't tell the difference with the flywheel weight.The big difference is when riding below and just below the powerband,that is a major change.It stalls much less easily,too.Doug

Asrith

Jul 18, 2001
Yeah, on my 02 I have Bills pipes, v-force, twin air, suspension work, boosted compresion, Sobe graphics,not much stock. Just got it a about 2 months ago. I agree it is off road friendly. That is all I ride, previous owner did all the mods, and got it for a steal. Just am considering a flywheel, just been hesitant. Thanks for you input, I was not to fond of RM's til I rod mine and compared it to my previous 97 CR, (obvious differences in handling).
Thanks!

Top Bottom